Senior Risk Manager
- Tokyo, Tōkyō, Japon
- CDI, Plein-temps
- BNY Mellon
- 24 nov. 17 2017-11-24
Senior Risk Manager
- Oversight and coordination for all risks associated with each AMJ department and the product and services offered, including where relevant the risks associated with operations, legal, credit, regulatory, fiduciary, liquidity, technology and compliance.
- Being a trusted adviser to the business on risk issues and areas of uncertainty around potential risks. Serving as the key point of contact for AMJ on all risk issues, providing the business not only with support to identify and address risks but also providing regular updates on risk issues and and/or coordinating risk related training including risk prevention, identification, mitigation and resolution.
- Work with Japan Head of Compliance to ensure the Japan office maintains a close relationship and appropriately coordinates all risk related matters with the local regulators.
- Work with IM APAC risk management to ensure a consistent risk management framework is rolled out across Japan and IM APAC. Contribute to risk discussions and share ideas related to risk issues and trends with the broader BNY Mellon risk management team.
- Maintain (and enhance as required) an effective regime for the identification, monitoring, mitigation and reporting of risk management issues, and an understanding of the related compliance and corporate governance issues. Oversee the risk management program including the risk control self-assessments, key risk indicators, operational risk events.
- Assume a risk leadership role on various business and/or risk committees, and collaborate with senior management on formulating and executing strategy and decision-making with regards to risk and risk issues for the businesses products and services. Reviewing IM APAC business initiatives and working with senior management to ensure initiative successfully implemented. Coordinating and/or assisting with audit reviews of risk/s.
- Bachelor or Master's Degree or Professional Qualification (University degree in Accounting, Finance, Risk Management or related discipline)
- 7+ years of relevant experience (Preferred background in Big 4 Risk consultants, or candidates with Operational Risk background, covering Asset Management business)
- Proven management communication and leadership skills
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to gain confidence of senior management and challenge the status quo, as appropriate
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills, ability to work independently
- Conceptual and strategic/forward thinker. Ability to foresee changes in the business (both internal and exogenous) and associate those changes to future business impact and risks
- Knowledge of compliance, economic issues and regulatory environment will be an advantage.
- English proficiency both oral and written
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Japan-Tokyo-To-Tokyo
Internal Jobcode: 50019
Organization: IM APAC-HR11404
Requisition Number: 1714301
Tags: EFC:APAC:5-A, 15-F