Chief Financial Officer - CFO
- Nairobi, Nairobi Area, Kenya Nairobi Nairobi Area KE
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Nelson Scott LLP
- 16 mai 18 2018-05-16
This company is a market leader in distributed solar power for the 2.3 billion people without reliable electricity whose mission is to improve the lives of people worldwide through affordable, reliable energy. With an expanding product range they now need a qualified CFO,and deal maker,to manage the distribution in over 15,000 retail outlets in over 60 countries to over 80 million customers, the company is manifesting its vision for the future of energy in the developing world. Essential that you have at least 15 years of experience in senior finance leadership role with IPO experience and working in Africa
Its newest area of expansion is in solar home systems that can be paid for over time using “Pay As You Go” technology.
Rolling out these solutions requires creative scalable financing solutions, effective credit management, building out retail distribution and a great deal of on the ground infrastructure, ranging from call centers to in-country assembly to after-sales service.
In this role, you will be leading a vital part of the d.light mission, making the world a better place by helping us make solar products universally available and affordable.
With a sustained revenue growth rate and a bright future and is at an opportune moment to recruit a hands-on, highly accomplished senior executive to serve as its next Chief Financial Officer (CFO). This role reports to the CEO and will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The CFO will be a key member of the Executive Team, leading all aspects of the firm’s global financial, planning, fundraising, financial operations and investor relations. The CFO will be a visible leader in the company and its community, raising outside capital and overseeing the internal financial operations of a leading enterprise in a fast-growing sector.
Of critical importance will be raising capital to fund the continued growth of our Pay-Go business through non-dilutive forms of capital such as SPV financing
The CFO must be an operationally focused ‘problem solver’, communicate crisply and clearly, have the ability to foresee potential roadblocks and implement thoughtful, stage-appropriate solutions. This person must uniquely combine strong, clear leadership, supportive mentorship, and hands-on, agile direction. He/She must thrive in a transparent, direct, non-hierarchical environment with relatively lean, high-commitment collaborative teams operating with a clear purpose, and with every action guided by core operating principles.
As the senior financial executive, the CFO’s on-going responsibilities include the following:
1. Drive the company’s financing strategy and plans
2. Act as the strategic financial and business advisor to the CEO and senior leadership team
3. Oversee and administer the full spectrum of the company’s finance and accounting functions
4. Streamline the finance organization and strengthen IT infrastructure
However, a ‘chief financial officer ready’ vice president, finance from a best-in-class company who has through his/her career gained multi-faceted training in the key chief financial officer disciplines of finance, financial planning and analysis, controllership, treasury, etc. will also be considered.
• Highly effective communicator - able to present effectively to prospective investors
• Experience at companies in a high growth phase. Ideal experience is with a consumer products company. Understanding the operational and financial demands of growing revenues from $100 million to $250-500 million is highly desirable.
• Experience in leading a company through a successful exit (IPO or M&A transaction)
• Experience in putting in place systems and processes to help companies with scale
• A track record of raising the right forms and amounts of capital to maintain a healthy balance sheet in a rapidly growing private company maturing through foreseeable stages. This will include both equity and debt, and will evolve in form and structure as the company grows.
• Business experience from industries characterized by the design, manufacturing and sale of physical goods/products into a global market through distribution channels would be ideal. Examples of this may include consumer products, clean technology, and technology hardware.
• Experience with companies operating in multiple emerging market countries, ideally with experience in India and Africa