The role holder will be part of the Investor Services AML operational team responsible for the quality review and ultimate authorization of all investor-level AML in line with relevant State Street Bank International, Luxembourg Branch (SSBIL) AML program requirements. The role holder will be responsible for providing an end-to-end AML service ensuring efficient and responsive turnaround to clients and investors whilst following the steps required and outlined in all internal policies and procedures for Luxembourg.
They will be involved in AML-related project work and ensure all investor level AML is reviewed, approved and stored with an aim to create a zero-unauthorised investor population across all SSBIL Clients. Principal Accountabilities
- Conduct Investor On-Boarding and Periodic Reviews with accordance to set AML standards.
- Collecting of AML investor documentation with accordance to set AML standards, for new onboarding or a change of circumstances of an existing account and verify it complies with policies and procedures
- Reviewing of AML documentation received for all investors submitted colleagues for AML review.
- Ensuring all AML documentation is saved to the DMS (Document Management System) for each investor, by type, and that the AML requirements per investor type as outlined on our internal checklists and AML policies and procedures are collected and verified.
- Acting as a point of contact for assigned Clients in relation to answering and assisting efficiently with all AML related queries/Issues.
- Ensuring daily, weekly and monthly deliverables are met in accordance with internal controls. Day to day processing of Investor AML reviews to ensure quick and effective Quality Assurance review and approval:
- Development and maintenance of strong client relationship
- Possess and continue to developing an in depth knowledge of all internal policies and procedures including all operational procedures used during the AML Review to assist with
- Ensuring all AML documentation is received and checked from Clients
- Ensuring that all AML queries raised by Clients can be answered in detail and within the agreed SLA.
- All AML checklists points/steps in the authorisation of AML are clearly understood
- All AML Team processes are strictly followed in accordance with the procedure documentation
Context of the role (in relation to the overall business, division or team) Operating Environment
- Responsible for monitoring and tracking Client communication in all shared mailboxes and assisting Clients with AML queries.
- Identify key priorities within the team on a daily basis act appropriately to ensure delivery of all tasks.
- Actively manage day to day relationship with Client contacts, Relationship managers and Compliance team, escalating issues to their Manager when required.
- Preparation and distribution of AML reports.
- Act as a point of escalation for the team for technical and client queries providing an efficient and swift service to Investors.
- Foster and act as a role model to build risk awareness within the team.
- Proactively seek greater productivities in the team through process improvements & automation where applicable.
- Participate in department wide training efforts - draft and deliver training course and facilitate 'on the job' training.
Relationships - nature and type of interaction
- The Senior Associate will be working with Clients, facing them directly on a day to day basis - will be collecting the documentation from Clients and Investors.
- Regulatory changes in our external environment can impact the way processing is completed.
- Operating environment has changed against the external economic factors, e.g. Business Transformation a focus for the department e.g. Centralised Processes.
- The Senior Associate has full accountability for the reviews it completes on work done by the A1s & A2s.
Job Boundaries (information about freedoms and constraints of the job)
- Superiors - provide direct support for managers and regular status updates to managers.
- Internal -
- Corporate Compliance Teams (Compliance and Regulatory Reporting).
- AML QA and Centralised AML teams
- External - interaction with clients and investors on Investor Services issues/Projects
Knowledge and Experience
- Autonomy for running the day to day task.
- Role holder is not responsible for changing policies or procedures. There are set AML process and procedures as well as set operational procedures in place - there is no autonomy to go outside of these and Supervisors must adhere to all noted AML policies. These must be deployed as agreed and signed off by Senior Management.
- The role holder is not responsible for resource management.
- Degree in Finance and/or Business Related area (minimum 2.2) or relevant working experience.
- 3-5 years Investor Services/Fund Administration/AML/KYC experience (preferable Private Equity and Real Estate) with at least 1 year's supervisory experience (or second level review experience).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications in particular Excel.
- Good working knowledge of AML legislation and policies and procedures.
- Experience in working to tight deadlines, with an ability to multi task and to work calmly under pressure.
- FATCA and CRS operational knowledge will be a plus
- The role holder could be working on a variety of funds (investors) with varied productivity expectations per month.
- The pattern of investor type and types of funds can change for the role holder.
- Ensuring the clients expectations are met and all deliverables are met accurately and in a timely manner.
- Understanding and dealing with the changing regulatory environment.
- Handling complex queries.
- Continuing to learn the IS AML process including applicable policies and procedures and the use of the Investor Services System.
- On the job training for A1s and A2s.
- Support business growth through the on boarding of new clients.
- Support manager to engage, develop and retain employees by creating an environment of continued learning.