ALCM & Regulatory Finance Manager Permanent contract Start date ASAP
The HSBC Group in Luxembourg is a significant employer and operates several businesses including asset management, securities services, private banking and corporate banking.
For our finance department in Luxembourg, we are currently looking to recruit an:
ALCM & Regulatory Finance Manager
Role and Responsibilities:
Within the Finance function, the ALCM & Regulatory Manager supports the Head of ALCM & Regulatory Finance and the CFO in the completion and delivery of the following activities for various HSBC in Luxembourg:
- Capital management
- Liquidity risk management
- Balance sheet related risks management
- Regulatory reporting
- Regulatory Finance watch (local and EU regulations on capital, liquidity, banking union…)
- Regulatory Finance projects management
- Ensure ALCO responsibilities are fully discharged. Deliver efficient ALCOs with increased risk forward looking visibility
- Adapt Finance operational processes to new regulatory requirements, especially regulatory reporting
- Ensure business units operates within the limits of risk appetite and in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements
- Recommend or support any business and strategic initiatives improving returns of their balance sheet, liquidity and capital resources and/or improving risk management
- Support the Head of ALCM and CFO across the various functions within the HSBC Luxembourg entities to ensure optimum use of the entities’ capital, liquidity, balance sheet and return on RWAs
- Advise in the definition of financial risk appetite and related policies and raise awareness of relevant Management and business units on the introduction of new regulatory changes in relation with Balance Sheet, Liquidity and Capital and implication thereof
- Contact person and in-house SME for regulatory finance matters
- Coordinate with Krakow team for the delivery of regulatory reporting and implementation of operational and regulatory changes
- Organise and deliver regulatory reporting (COREP, LIQREP, FGDL )
- Support capital management activities (capital metrics analytical review and monitoring, stress testing, ICAAP…) in accordance with ALCM FIM
- Support liquidity management activities (liquidity metrics analytical review and monitoring, stress testing, ILAAP, ILM, contingency funding plan…)
- Support other Balance Sheet related risks management activities (IRRBB, FX, sensitivity analysis, product control…)
Experience and skills required:
- Education and qualifications in Banking, Finance, Accounting, Risk Management or equivalent
- Minimum of 4-5 years of experience in finance, accounting, regulatory reporting, and/or risk management within the banking & financial services industry
- A very good grasp of Excel spread sheet tool combined with a high interest in data management and IT processes engineering. Previous experience of regulatory reporting software (e.g. WKFS,) and banking software (e.g. Avaloq)
- Excellent knowledge of banking regulatory environment at EU level (e.g. CRR, CRD2, SSM, BRRD…) and regulatory reporting processes
- Good knowledge of financial risk management practices
- Good understanding of Treasury processes and related products (cash, liquidity, balance sheet management, derivatives)
- Highly organized, self-motivated and capable to work on own initiative with autonomy, enthusiasm and pro-activeness demonstrating a high standard of work and accuracy, especially when under pressure
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, organizational, project management, problem-solving, presentation and verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player and people motivator and track record in delivering to demanding timescales.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in English; French is desirable but not mandatory, Polish knowledge would be an asset.
If you’re looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae (in English) to: firstname.lastname@example.org, and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we will acknowledge your application only if we wish to proceed to interview. If you have not received a response within 4 weeks your application has not been successful.
Please also note that every selected candidate will have to provide us with a valid criminal record check in due time.
For any GDPR request, please send it to: email@example.com