HSBC Holdings plc, the parent company of HSBC, is headquartered in London. HSBC serves customers worldwide from offices in 64 countries and territories in our geographical regions: Europe, Asia, North America, Latin America, and Middle East and North Africa. HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations.
HSBC provides a comprehensive range of financial services through three global businesses: Commercial Banking; Global Banking and Markets; and Wealth & Personal Banking.
The HSBC Group in Luxembourg is a significant employer and operates several businesses including asset management, securities services, private banking and corporate banking.
For our asset management activities in Luxembourg, we are currently looking to recruit an:
AMG Risk Manager
July 2021-June 2022
Role and responsibilities:
Reporting to our CRO & Conducting Officer, your principal accountabilities will be:
- Assist in the oversight of the risk management framework for the UCITS Funds (market, liquidity, counterparty, and credit risk)
- Review and analyze market, liquidity, counterparty, and credit risks reports on a regular basis
- Review and update of the Risk Management process and policy,
- Escalate issues/concerns to senior management and report such results.
- Provide oversight of the Investment Advisers local risk teams in relation to the regular risk reporting, including validation of the investment advisers’ compliance with the risk policy and Luxembourg regulations applicable to a UCITS Funds.
- Monitor the concentration risk (i.e. investment restrictions limits) at UCITS level,
- Assess the eligibility of instruments in which the funds invest in
- Ensure that all exceptions are handled in time and efficiently.
In addition, you will also Provide support to the HIFL Conducting Officers in their day to day management:
- Support the growth agenda of AMG.
- Identify and manage risks introduced through change, including new investment fund products and new projects/initiatives.
- Briefing of senior executives in HIFL and AMG including assessment of material risks to the business and adequacy of mitigation/remediation plans in respect of those risks.
- Implement risk management policies and procedures.
- Advice other HIFL teams.
- Support local risk teams.
Professional skills and experience:
- University degree and/or relevant post graduate qualifications in Economics or Finance
- Good technical skills in financial risk management (e.g. VaR models, VaR back testing, stress testing, leverage, liquidity risk measures) and financial instruments
- Strong analytical, communication and relationship skills
- Knowledge of the Luxembourg fund industry including the UCITS environment, risk regulatory
- requirements and the obligations of a Luxembourg Management Company
- Good communicator (oral and written) especially of technical issues to non-specialists
- Well organized and able to work independently
- Team player
- Forward looking and business orientated
- Problem solving capacity.
- Fluent English essential, knowledge of French or other European languages would be a definite advantage.
If you’re looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae (in English) to: firstname.lastname@example.org, and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we will acknowledge your application only if we wish to proceed to interview. If you have not received a response within 4 weeks your application has not been successful.
Please also note that every selected candidate will have to provide us with a valid criminal record check in due time.
For any GDPR request, please send it to: email@example.com