AML/KYD & Distributor oversight, Senior Specialist Who we're looking for
We are looking for someone who has passion, enthusiasm, desire, and ability to move things forward. The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic team and will share with us daily challenges and successes.
We in the Distribution Control Department are looking for a self-starter who can work independently, has strong analytical skills, is flexible and has strong knowledge in AML/CTF and Kown Your Distributor (KYD) processes. We are responsible for the performance of initial and ongoing due diligence on Schroders' clients and business partners. We as a team are all curious and interested in delivering high quality reports that the management can use to take decisions. Ideally, our future colleague should have a good understanding of distribution in the public and alternative assets space. The candidate should also be fluent in English and any other spoken European language would be an advantage About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. What you'll do
The role of the Senior Specialist AML/Know Your Distributor (KYD) is the performance of initial and ongoing AML due diligence on intermediary business partners investing in Schroders Investment Management Europe (SIM EU) products.
Manage effectively the day to day responsibilities pertinent to the Initial and Ongoing Due Diligence activities with an emphasis on quality and the awareness of money laundering risk linked to the operational models, distribution and marketing behaviour for the promotion of SIM EU funds and services.
The Senior Specialist will have at least the following duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain 1st line of defence compliance with Financial Crime policy and Schroders distribution principles.
- Develop effective controls related to AML/CTF and KYD in line with regulatory requirements/market practice which requires 4 eyes review and act as a checker in the context of initial and ongoing due diligence.
- Evaluate the risks of Intermediaries and their network prior to entering a business relationship as well as on an on-going basis.
- Ensure a more thorough and detailed due diligence by getting evidence of adequate FC controls by binding and voluntary means with Schroders counterparties
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- Analyse the sales and operating model (covering marketing activities) of Intermediaries in relation to SIM EU funds, in particular cross-border distribution, as well as local marketing rules for unregistered funds during the onboarding and ongoing due diligence exercises.
- Review of the Intermediaries' AML/CTF policies and other relevant investor documents on a case by case basis.
- Closely work with the Client Service Managers (CSMs) on gathering the AML/KYD and business required information.
- Provide advice on new distribution channels, associated risks and possible mitigations.
- Ensure that all documents related to business counterparties are properly documented and accessible to internal and external auditors after required quality checks.
- Work closely with Compliance, Legal, Internal Audit and other business teams on BAU and new AML/KYD requirements
- Take ownership of complex AML matters and provide guidance and support the team and other business teams such as the CSM or the MLRO.
- Support the Head of Distribution Control in performing his duties.
- Ensure all activities are in line with Schroder's Group Due Diligence Mandatory Procedures.
What you'll be like
- A proven career in AML/KYD (minimum of 3 years) at a Luxembourg Asset Manager with in-depth knowledge of AML/CTF regulatory requirements and market practice, particularly in Luxembourg.
- A good understanding of the onboarding and ongoing process and be familiar with the 4 eyes checks on due diligence activities in place by AML/KYD.
- Knowledge of the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF) regulations in relation to AML due diligence.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Proven leadership, people management and organisational skills.
- Experienced in advising a sizeable team on a day to day basis and making key decisions.
- Experience of managing significant regulatory change in both a BAU and project environment, as well as effective relationship management skills with third party administrators.
- Excellent relationship building skills with internal stakeholders: Client Service Team, MLRO (Money Laundering Reporting Officer), Legal and Compliance.
- A strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel and Word.
- A University degree or equivalent professional qualification.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
- You are a decision taker with a solution-oriented mind-set, capable of taking initiatives.
- You can multi-task, work under pressure with respect to the deadlines.
- You are able to work in a dynamic and changing environment.
- You are enthusiastic with a positive can-do attitude.
- You gain commitment through excellent influencing skills.
- You never compromise on quality of the AML reviews and adhere strictly to the policy.
- You pay good attention to detail while appreciating the bigger picture.
- You are focused and follow topics till their full resolution,
- You are a team player.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.