ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT (M/F)
DO Recruitment Advisors is delighted to represent one of its client, a multi-national company operating in various businesses, in their search for an Assistant Accountant (m/f).
• Responsible for ensuring all routine processing is completed in an accurate manner to satisfy strict monthly deadlines.
• Liaise with the relevant individuals to obtain the data required for business analysis, decision making and reporting.
• Maintain a professional and dedicated approach to duties at all times and adhere to corporate standards for behaviour and loyalty to the objectives and goals of the company.
• Be proactive and use initiative to identify potential improvement areas.
• Any reasonable ad-hoc or routine request.
• Preparing payments and raising invoices as necessary.
• Ensuring all contract references are up to date for all invoices to ensure compliance with Group controls and procedures.
• Accurate completion of payment process ensuring timely sign-off of payments.
• Monthly recharges to the companies.
• Monthly accrual reporting ("ACS") to the companies.
• Confirmation of intercompany balances and loan accounts.
• Maintenance of Trial Balance.
• Monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations.
• Quarterly CAS Reporting.
• Preparation of the Luxembourg companies operation reports.
• Submission of VAT information and following up on VAT payments/refunds due.
• Assisting with the preparation of the Luxembourg companies budget and quarterly re-forecast.
• Support Global IT budgeting and forecast process.
• Updating the payment recurring list on a yearly basis and rolling forward the Finance system with new yearly project codes.
• Ensure all cost allocations and revenue disbursements are up to date.
• Assist with the Oracle Implementation and On-line Banking Projects from inception to go-live and thereafter ensuring efficient running of daily operations for the Luxembourg companies.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE:
• Fluency in English.
• Part qualified in a relevant accountancy qualification.
• Working knowledge of a relevant financial system; Oracle an advantage.
• Excellent computer skills with experience of Microsoft suite of products.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both written and verbal.
• Excellent administrative skills.
• Good time management and self-organisational skills with an ability to multi-task and work to deadlines.
• High degree of integrity and confidentiality.
• High standards of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to work effectively in both a team environment and unsupervised with a degree of flexibility towards working hours and tasks assigned.
• Proactive, positive attitude to work, able to use initiative and act with independence and integrity.
Our client is a multi-national company operating in various businesses.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, some of our clients could ask the successful candidate to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested.