Agile Analyst (M/F) Who we're looking for
We are looking for a data focused Business Analyst to join the Corporate Data Team to actively contribute to all aspects of the analysis, design, and delivery of solutions. The Corporate Data team is a technology team with a broad remit to source, master, validate, and distribute data to support Schroders' corporate business areas.
We need someone who knows their way around a database, who understands the business use of data, the importance of governance and standards, balanced against constant demand for delivery. Financial Services experience is important but not essential for the right candidate. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. The team
The team delivers to multiple business areas within the organisation; one day it'll be Finance, the next day HR, and the following day Compliance and Regulations. We are needed for almost all corporate change projects in Schroders, we're delivering into 10+ projects in 2021 and managing several of our own.
This is not an ordinary BA role. An Agile Analyst is responsible for owning and managing the work items assigned to them; working with business and technology stakeholders directly and coordinating with internal developers and testers. You will be involved at every stage of the software development lifecycle.
We enjoy solving problems together and are focused on delivering value to our clients. What you'll do
Represent Corporate Data team to multiple stakeholders across numerous projects to ensure the delivery of business benefits to the data consumers. Key aspects of the role will include:
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Analysis of functional, business and technical requirements into flexible, strategic solutions
- Offer data consultancy to business and technology stakeholders
- Perform data analysis to support the requirement and evaluate the viability of the solution
- Keep the physical data model data dictionary up to date at a table and attribute level
- Work closely with the development and support teams to help them understand the requirement
- Support the full project lifecycle through to implementation
- Support definition of Target Operating Models (TOMs) for solutions your team delivers
- Creation of the business case for initiatives being considered, with the aim of concluding on the potential value add / cost-benefit analysis of embarking on that initiative.
- Creation of high-level plans / agile roadmaps to describe the necessary elements to achieve a target state
- Support other team members to improve their analysis skills where it is their non-core specialism
- Facilitation of workshops
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- Self-starter with ability to prioritise and manage own activities in the best interests of the organisation
- Experience of Financial Services and data knowledge
- Experience working with databases
- Strong data analysis skills (including SQL)
- Working with senior stakeholders and users
- Logical, structured thought processes and good problem-solving
- Relationship management and business engagement, able to build strong relationships across the organisation from a position of trust
- Track-record of delivery within large programmes
- Collaborative team player who will want to succeed as part of a high performing team
- Educated to a minimum of first degree level
- Strong communicator with presentation skills to senior business and IT management
- Knowledge and experience of using business analysis techniques, methodologies and artefacts to support agile software development
- Knowledge and experience of contributing to the development of technology solutions, both in-house developed bespoke applications and commercially available off the shelf solutions.
- Proven ability to create a working relationship within multiple different business domains and to establish a role as a trusted advisor
- Able to build a positive profile across the organisation
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
What you'll be like
- Structured analysis techniques
- Able to engage with stakeholders in both Business and Technology
- Able to challenge stakeholders diplomatically but robustly when appropriate
- Multi-disciplined and able to provide support throughout SDLC
- Capable of balancing timely delivery against strategic development
- Detailed and logical approach with full traceability of analysis
- Pro-active and delivery-focused
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
- A team oriented individual
- Flexible, self-motivated, enthusiastic and willing to learn
- A critical thinker who's able to look at things from different angles
- Great at unpicking a problem, from start to end, own and deliver the solution
- Able to work under pressure, on several priorities at once
- Great at working with other people, sharing and communicating decisions
- Keen to improve what we do for our clients, continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self-improvement
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.