- CDI, Plein-temps
- Schroders Investment Management
Application Support Analyst
Application Support AnalystTeam Overview
IT at Schroders is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that's managed locally and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices. To learn how we've grown, explore our interactive timeline to see how we've been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
We also recognise that successfully balancing personal and professional commitments brings out the best in our teams and therefore all roles in Global Technology are reviewed for suitability for flexible working arrangements, with this specific opportunity available to applicants from 3 to 5 days per week. We passionately believe that individual performance is enhanced by embracing the whole individual and structuring a working environment that supports them.
Reporting to the Team Leader - Application Support, the individual selected will be a core member of the Production Support Team in Luxembourg, being responsible for maintaining availability, providing support and developing monitoring, maintenance and automation tools for a broad range of business applications. On a rota basis give phone support in the evening when necessary so that the business process can complete.
• Maintain availability and provide support for a broad range of business applications.
• Perform daily operations, restoration of any disruptions in service, ensure maintenance is safely executed in production.
• Ensure new applications and business functionalities are supportable.
• Develop and review monitoring solutions for business applications and middleware including functional checks and integrate into global Application Monitoring Dashboard.
• Keep supporting knowledge-base up to date (i.e. technical specifications, communication plans, system test plans, BAU procedures, handover documentation).
• Identify repetitive tasks and undertake development workout automation process.
• Ticket management (e.g. incidents, data updates and extracts). Make sure queue is handled in timely manner. Prioritise and escalate tickets accordingly.
• Accomplish root cause analysis on major incidents and follow up tasks for mitigation.
• Propose technical solutions to business requirements.
• Provide estimates for development activities.
• Maintain procedures and supporting documentation.
• Work with Agile teams as part of new developments und upgrades.
• On a rota basis give phone support in the evening when necessary.
• Professional communication with stakeholder for major incidents.
General and Technical Skills:
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated team-player with experience of current development techniques and tools, and will help the team to progress in using them:
• At least 2 to 5 years in a Support role with Microsoft Technologies (T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, .Net specifically C#).
• MS SQL and NoSQL databases (Couchbase or MongoDB).
• DevOps - CI, build automation, continuous deployment
• Middleware (e.g. Service Fabric, SWIFT, Kafka).
• Demonstrated ability to efficiently troubleshoot in time critical scenarios.
• Proven ability to establish and maintain strong relationship with technical and business partners.
• Experience in following standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes.
• Experience of Mutual Fund Industry would be advantageous.
• Excellent written and spoken English. Other languages would be advantageous.
The candidate is not expected to be fluent in all of the above but must show a willingness to learn, adapt, and help the team.
• Educated to at least undergraduate degree level in a numerate subject, preferably computer science or similar.
• Friendly, approachable, enjoys working with people from a variety of backgrounds.
• Capable of remaining positive when under pressure.
• Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self -improvement.
• Problem solver, comfortable taking the initiative in challenging and ambiguous circumstances.