- CDI, Plein-temps
- HSBC France, Luxembourg Branch
Assistant Manager – Fund Accounting (UCITS)
- 01 juil. 19
Assistant Manager – Fund Accounting (UCITS) Permanent contract
HSBC Holdings plc, the parent company of HSBC, is headquartered in London. HSBC serves customers worldwide from offices in 66 countries and territories in our geographical regions: Europe, Asia, North America, Latin America, and Middle East and North Africa.
With assets of $2,659bn at 31 March 2019, HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations.
HSBC provides a comprehensive range of financial services through four global businesses: Retail Banking & Wealth Management; Commercial Banking; Global Banking and Markets; and Global Private Banking.
The HSBC Group in Luxembourg is a significant employer and operates several businesses including asset management, securities services, private banking and corporate banking.
For our securities services activities in Luxembourg, we are currently looking to recruit a:
Assistant Manager – Fund Accounting (UCITS)
Role and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Senior Manager – A&V UCITS Funds, the role holder is responsible for managing a team of supervisors and accountants as well as teams in the HSBC Service Centers in Colombo and Kolkata who are in charge of various up streams processes in the NAV production.
As part of the A&V UCITS team, you will continuously strive to enforce and enhance our control environment with the aim of mitigating and controlling our risks. You will also participate in the production and presentation of the internal reporting for our control and oversight committees.
You will be a primary point of contact for clients in regards to all Fund Accounting related queries and ensure the highest level of service is provided for the clients assigned to you. You will ensure the identification and prompt reporting of potential gaps and risks that may affect the Group, the clients and the Bank.
As part of the A&V team you will collaborate with other teams within Service Delivery as well as other functions within the bank to provide the best possible service to our clients. This collaboration will include the participation to internal and external client meetings, provision of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and other forms of reporting.
The main tasks of the Fund Administration Assistant Manager are and not limited to:
• The daily oversight, approval and publication of the Net Asset Value of various funds for a number of clients;
• Ensuring that internal and external reporting is completed accurately and on a timely manner.
• Dealing with client queries, team planning and managing deadlines.
• Support new client on-boarding, launch and fund restructuring processes;
• Support Business re-engineering projects;
• Review of the Procedures, workflows and streamline processes and procedures
• Implementing ad-hoc projects (Dividend distributions, Mergers, In-specie transfers, Year End activities…),
• Review and control management including the monitoring, redesign and implementation of A&V's overall controls.
• Build a client centricity culture and keep client satisfaction to high standards.
• People management (including organize and motivating people, teamwork, 1 to 1 meetings, trainings, etc)
Professional skills and experience:
• Accounting qualification (BA or equivalent)
• 7 years relevant experience and minimum 2 year of supervisory/management experience
• Good PC skills
• Excellent Analytical and IT skills
• Thorough knowledge of accounting for securities and derivatives
• Good understanding of fund structure: pooling/multi-class/feeder
• Understanding of Luxembourg Fund regulation
• Thorough grasp of key controls and their application
• Understanding of the strategy of Business Services for HSS and the Transformation process
• Ability to organize and motivate direct reports
• Ability to communicate clearly and accurately with both clients and colleagues
• Fluent in English, both written and oral. A second European language would be an advantage
• Team leader and Team player with a flexible approach to change
• Flexible, autonomic and adapt quickly to new environment
• Ability to work under pressure, both autonomously and within a team and consistently meet deadlines
• Fluent English essential, knowledge of German or other European languages would be a definite advantage.
If you want to work in our challenging and multicultural environment and be part of a global team, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae (in English) to: email@example.com
HSBC in Luxembourg strives for true diversity in its workforce and as such we are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we will acknowledge your application only if we wish to proceed to interview. If you have not received a response within 4 weeks your application has not been successful.
Please also note that every selected candidate will have to provide us with a valid criminal record check in due time.