(Associate) Lawyer - Procurement and Technical Assistance
, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its JU (Legal), CORP (Corporate), PTA (Procurement/Technical Assistance) Division at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a (Associate) Lawyer - Procurement and Technical Assistance.
This is a full time temporary position at grade 4/5. The term of this contract will be until 31/12/23 - linked to JESSICA Partnership . Panel interviews are anticipated for mid October . Purpose
Provide legal advice on lending operations within the Division in particular in relation to the area of Technical Assistance (TA) and Procurement in order to support the Bank's lending activities and achievements of EIB objectives as outlined in the current COP. Operating Network
As an (Associate) Lawyer, internally referred to as (Associate) Officer Legal Services, you will act under the authority of the Head of Unit and in accordance with the priorities established by him, in agreement with the Head of Division and the Director. You will provides support in particular to Bank services working in the areas of TA and Administrative Law. Accountabilities
- Draft and negotiate agreements with various counterparties
- Draft and negotiate agreements related to TA and Procurement
- Advise on national law and EU law issues related to the Bank's business
- Engage, where necessary, on these issues with external and internal counterparties
- Liaise where necessary with external consultants and supervise their work
- Undertake research and conduct legal studies on problems of law arising in connection with the Bank's operations
- Operate under the supervision of the Head of Unit and/or a senior lawyer, when dealing with complex issues and whose approval s/he will seek on fundamental or unusual matters
- Contribute to research on legal matters and develop and maintain own knowledge in the legal areas covered by the Unit
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with other directorates
- University degree in law
- Professional experience or a qualification in both common law and civil law would be a distinct advantage
- At least 3 years of professional experience in administrative and contract law
- Familiarity with standard IT tools
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English is required. A good knowledge of French* would be an advantage. Knowledge of another language of the European Union would be an asset
Find out more about EIB core competencies here
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
By applying for this position you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorized disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
Deadline for applications: 1 st September 2020
(*). We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.