The Pictet Group
is one of the world's leading independent wealth and asset managers. Founded in 1805 and headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, the Group is represented at 30 offices in financial centres worldwide, and currently employs over 5200 people. Pictet has been present since 1989 in Luxembourg, where it employs over 700 people. FundPartner Solutions
provides a full suite of fund administration and private label funds services. The global team of industry experts specialises in fund domiciliation, registration and governance, as well as risk compliance and investment management services. Technology & Operations
design and integrate software applications ranging from portfolio management systems, trading platforms to banking and corporate solutions. The division is responsible for some of the Group's key innovations while sustaining business operations and developing custodian and funds administration services.
As part of the Business Onboarding and Monitoring Department, and reporting directly to its manager, you will be mainly responsible, together with the other staff in the department, for carrying out activities related to the supervision of compliance with the company's anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML) rules. Your role
- Supervising AML control activities carried out by the Transfer Agent Department, in particular by reviewing investors' files and doing sample checks (all risk ratings).
- Being actively involved in reviewing the results from the screening tools (PEP, sanctions lists and transactions monitoring).
- Carrying out a set of quality controls, both of the activities of the Transfer Agent Department and those of the company's other departments involved in relationship-opening procedures.
- Adapting the company's procedures to bring them into line with regulatory developments in the field of AML and advice on the best practices.
- Being at ease with regulations and providing advice/assisting the staff on the regulatory implications of current and new regulations and changes to business
- Producing and sending out different types of reports as part of the team's activity.
- Taking part in different projects (business development as well as IT and organisational projects, etc.) that involve the team.
- Being involved in presenting the team's activities to both in-house and external clients, including when regulatory changes occur.
- Liaising internally in a timely and efficient manner with the other teams: work with business, serve as point of escalation and provide necessary support
- Overseeing the adequate and effective implementation of the dedicated framework
- Undertaking ad hoc thematic reviews or special requests
- Training for the business and training junior business compliance manager or trainee in the team
Qualifications and experience:
- University degree (BAC +5 minimum) in Economics, Law or Finance.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the area of AML, compliance and investment fund industry.
- Strong IT skills, Microsoft Office and name screening & transaction monitoring tools
- Good knowledge of Luxembourg AML legislation.
- Sound grasp of the various roles in the investment fund industry, and more particularly of the operating mechanisms of a management company, but also of a custodian bank, transfer agents, fund administration and the related regulatory framework.
- Written and spoken fluency in French and English.
- Knowledge of another European language would be an asset.
As the chosen applicant you will show initiative and be keen to produce work of a high quality. You will also have outstanding interpersonal skills and be able to cope with stress. Your flexibility with your working hours and your capacity to work as part of a team will also be appreciated. Note
We will not accept any CVs from agencies.
In accordance with the provisions of the Luxembourg law of 23 July 2016 amending the law of 29 March 2013, candidates may be required to provide an extract from their criminal record. This document, issued by the authorities, must not be older than three months. Such a document will be requested with the aim of carrying out a character check on candidates, bearing in mind the area of activity of our establishment and, more particularly, the tasks described in the job description.
Flexible and modern ways of working
As a responsible and supportive employer, we promote the well-being of our employees through a set of flexible working arrangements, ranging from a work-from-home policy for eligible functions to opportunities for annualised part-time leave and extended parental leave. Diversity & Inclusion Pictet is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment. We respect all individuals and seek their inclusion in the workplace.