HSBC Holdings plc, the parent company of HSBC, is headquartered in London. HSBC serves customers worldwide from offices in 64 countries and territories in our geographical regions: Europe, Asia, North America, Latin America, and Middle East and North Africa. HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations.
HSBC provides a comprehensive range of financial services through three global businesses: Retail Banking & Wealth Management; Commercial Banking; Global Banking and Markets; and Wealth & Personal Banking.
The HSBC Group in Luxembourg is a significant employer and operates several businesses including asset management, securities services, private banking and corporate banking.
For our private banking activities in Luxembourg, we are currently looking to recruit a:
Business and First Line of Defence Risk Manager
Role and responsibilities:
Reporting to our Chief Administrative Officer, your principal accountabilities will be:
- Oversight and proactive ownership of first line of defense controls and indicators, including Sales Quality, BIRO and BRCM, and their representation and escalation in Helios, BCC, RMM etc.
- Ownership, analysis and improvement of Front Office processes
- Support for commercial strategy via analysis of pricing and revenue, pipeline management
- Representation of the Business is various projects and initiatives, both local and global
- Performance of thematic reviews and 1LoD control testing and quality controls.
- General support and teamwork to help drive Front Office
- Teamwork within BM team, and other areas
- Deal proactively with potential issues between Front Office or Back Office and CLM where appropriate;
- Propose improvement of process and develop excellent collaboration with PBRS
- Ensure high quality of work within in accordance with Global Standards;
- Maximize efficiency
- Proactive management of risk issues with early development of action plans
Professional skills and experience:
- Holder of a relevant university degree
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of operational risk or audit within Financial Services environment.
- Broad understanding of private banking, including understanding of financial products, banking processes and systems
- Teamwork and organisation;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, while maintaining close attention to detail and with an ability to set priorities
- Communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to establish an effective network and relationships with a number of departments
- Flexibility to adapt to multi-faceted role with competing priorities, and a mixture of tasks from high visibility representation to administrative necessities
- High degree of initiative and self-reliance needed
- Fluent English essential, knowledge of French or other European languages would be a definite advantage.
If you’re looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae (in English) to: email@example.com, and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we will acknowledge your application only if we wish to proceed to interview. If you have not received a response within 4 weeks your application has not been successful.
Please also note that every selected candidate will have to provide us with a valid criminal record check in due time.
For any GDPR request, please send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org