INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL DATA SERVICES LUXEMBOURG ("IFDSL")
Chief Compliance Officer, Managing Director
IFDS, established in 2007, is a market leader in Transfer Agency Services committed to providing high quality services and technology to our clients, with European offices in Ireland and Luxembourg. IFDS is owned equally by SS&C Technologies Holdings, Inc. ("SS&C") and State Street Bank Corporation. IFDSL is regulated by the CSSF as a specialized PSF.
IFDS Luxembourg ("IFDSL") services and supports a diverse range of products across multiple fund domiciles on behalf of global Asset Managers. Our unique set up provides expertise, scale, technology, strategic support and partnership to our clients. We are deeply involved, with the support of our Shareholders, in the evolution of our Industry, and with Innovation and Digital transformation.
IFDSL currently services a total of €1,100 billion AUM for some of the most sophisticated and demanding asset managers in the industry. Our footprint in Luxembourg is about 320 people and we have more than 700 people globally supporting our Luxembourg business. Our Vision and Mission :
To be trusted to provide expert and innovative investor servicing solutions to our global clients; adapting our skills and technologies to consistently add value
Building great experiences for our clients, their customers and our employees. Position Overview :
As the Chief Compliance Officer, your role is to help to maintain IFDSL's legal and regulatory integrity by identifying and helping management to mitigate compliance risk. The CCO will be responsible for managing a team of Compliance professionals responsible for European and Luxembourg regulation and internal policies impacting IFDSL. Main Responsibilities :
Required Competencies :
- Be the primary contact for the CSSF, FIU, and any other supervisory authority
- Drive the Compliance culture of adherence to regulation and policy
- Advise senior management of compliance risks and assist them in mitigating and monitoring these risks
- Maintain the internal policies including the compliance charter, compliance policy, and AML policy and ensure that all policies are available to staff.
- Monitor the implementation and application of the compliance policies through a monitoring and testing program
- Oversee the assessment and completion of the annual compliance and AML risk assessments
- Provide regular reporting to senior management, the Board of Directors, and the CSSF, where required.
- Work closely with Risk and Internal Audit on issues or investigations, where required
- Create training materials for staff awareness and provide classroom training, when required
- Set SMART objectives for staff performance and evaluate staff during periodic assessments
- Engage in promotion and succession planning with other IFDSL senior managers. Advocate recognition and rewarding of excellence and corporate values.
- Keep abreast of industry and regulatory developments by being active in industry forums. Promote the IFDSL business at industry events.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholder and client Compliance Officers to facilitate ongoing business and compliance with regulation.
- University degree in law, business administration, or equivalent professional qualifications or experience
- 10+ years' experience in a similar function including at least 5-7 years in a management capacity
- Sound product knowledge of the Transfer Agency business is required. Strong working knowledge of Luxembourg and European AML/KYC regulations
- Excellent administrative, organizational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task, work calmly under pressure and be flexible
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to negotiate effectively with clients and stakeholders. Lead by example
- Well-developed influencing, decision-making, planning and co-ordination skills
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) - any additional European language would be considered as an asset