The main role of the Chief Architect is to ensure that the Bank’s developers are productive and the application suite works well and meets business needs, satisfying both the strategic vision of the Bank and the operational environment. In addition, the Chief Architect would be expected to contribute to the strategic vision of RiverBank and ensure development capabilities are focussed on market opportunities and value creation.
RiverBank is a specialised lender dedicated to financing Small and Medium Enterprises and Real Estate firms in the Netherlands, Germany and France. RiverBank operates under a full European Banking License allowing to cover all European countries.
RiverBank’s mission is to combine the best of the fintech and banking world. As experienced bankers, we commit the bank's balance sheet to grant loans which we analyse using a fundamental credit approach. As a fintech player, we digitally source, process and monitor the loans. Riverbank is growing fast both organically and through acquisitions.
As a young company, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team work. RiverBank will offer an entrepreneurial environment within the regulatory banking framework - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. Our culture will promote diversity and individual perspectives in an international environment, represented by more than 10 nationalities.
- Lead software architecture across all RiverBank products
- Establish best-in-class software architecture procedures, tools and templates to facilitate RiverBank end-to-end banking applications
- In partnership with senior management and product teams, develop, own and maintain the technology roadmap and architectural vision supporting future business strategy and market opportunities
- Ensure governance of software architecture and design across RiverBank products
- Develop proof-of-concept prototypes in support of future architecture/technology concepts
- Leverage RiverBank applications for suitability for third-party licensing and use
- Develop and execute various technologies within a fast-paced environment and implement backend components for software applications
- Collaborate with leadership, engineering, and product teams on product strategy
- Proactively provide recommendations on improvements to product and/or processes to increase efficiency and improve quality
- Align, empower, and mentor teams to develop well-architected solutions
- Actively participate in the development process, as needed.
- Capable to interact with CEO, Board of Directors, investors
- Strong degree from engineering school or equivalent master's degree
- 10+ years’ experience as full stack software developer or software architect
- 5+ years’ experience architecting and designing highly complex systems
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills
- Extensive experience collaborating with leadership, engineering, product, and security teams working via agile software development processes to align around and execute an architectural vision
- Experience in architecting banking solutions
- Experience in architecting solutions that process data near real-time in a very high volume
- Strong knowledge of cloud architectures and services
- Good understanding of analytical tools and technologies, visualization and BI platforms
- Smart phone / tablet development skills
- Strong Relational Database knowledge e.g. Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL etc.
- Experience with delivering Machine Learning solutions
- Experience with building Docker container-based systems: familiar with orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes
- Demonstrated ownership of the full test pyramid, from Unit to End-2-End tests
- Demonstrated delivery of secure applications
- An inherent drive to tackle problems, collaborate with others and mentor team members in a fast-paced, high-growth, ever-changing startup environment
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audience
- Excellent knowledge of English