The Pictet Group is one of the world's leading independent wealth and asset managers. Founded in 1805 and headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, the Group is represented at 30 offices in financial centres worldwide, and currently employs over 5200 people. Pictet has been present since 1989 in Luxembourg, where it employs over 700 people.
Corporate Functions includes the Group's non-banking activities and employs more than 600 people. These functions are carried out by specialists with expertise across all business units, and include Communications, Compliance, Finance, Human Resources, Information Security, Internal Audit, Legal, Organisation & Digital, Risk and Tax departments.
We are seeking to hire a corporate Client / Product Tax Specialist for the Tax Department of Bank Pictet & Cie (Europe) AG (BPAG), based in the Luxembourg Branch, or in the european Headquarter in Frankfurt. You will provide advice and play a key role in all corporate tax-related matters for the Pictet Wealth Management and Pictet Asset Services clients in Luxembourg, as well as in other BPAG European branches. Your role
- Provide advice on tax classification of financial products and tax conformity of investments for the Bank and the Management Companies in Luxembourg.
- Provide support and advice on the following subjects: FATCA, CRS,DAC6 & QI.
- Support for the implementation, operation and control of CRS/FATCA & QI, under the supervision of the Group Tax Department in Geneva.
- Assistance with the implementation, operation and control of DAC6, under the supervision of the Group Tax department in Geneva. Participation in the ABBL working group on DAC6.
- Participate to the development of the Bank's tax strategy for clients and products, and ensure alignment with tax laws and regulations.
- Organization of and participation in the weekly Luxembourg CRT (Tax Review Committee) : upstream analysis of cases, opinions and recommendations on tax documentation.
- Support on tax issues relating to SPVs : Review of SPV tax returns - SPV accounting and ad hoc issues - Helping to understand transactions from a tax perspective, e.g. tax memos from external tax specialists - Coordination and participation in meetings with external tax specialists.
- Ensure regulatory watch and monitor development in local and international tax regimes.
- Keep abreast of existing and upcoming laws and regulations relating to tax.
- University degree in Economics, Law, or equivalent with a degree in Tax.
- Expertise in corporate tax matters in Luxembourg. Knowledge of the tax environment in other European countries would be a plus, notably in Germany.
- At least five years' experience in a similar function. Experience in a Big 4 company or banking environment would be an asset.
- Able to work well in a team and on your own when required, as well as under time pressure and accurately.
- Excellent command of French, English and German. Excellent writing and presentation skills.
As the chosen candidate you will be able to carry out the role independently with integrity and a keen sense of professional ethics. Moreover, your leadership, skill at effecting change across different teams, coupled with a capacity to interact effectively with people at all organisational levels and put across technical topics in a simplified and understandable way, will help to ensure that you successfully complete the various tasks you will be responsible for. Furthermore, your pragmatic approach, considerable business acumen and technology-oriented mindset will help you to solve problems, find solutions and achieve the desired results. Note
We will not accept any CVs from agencies.
In accordance with the provisions of the Luxembourg law of 23 July 2016 amending the law of 29 March 2013, candidates may be required to provide an extract from their criminal record. This document, issued by the authorities, must not be older than three months. Such a document will be requested with the aim of carrying out a character check on candidates, bearing in mind the area of activity of our establishment and, more particularly, the tasks described in the job description. Flexible and modern ways of working
As a responsible and supportive employer, we promote the well-being of our employees through a set of flexible working arrangements, ranging from a work-from-home policy for eligible functions to opportunities for annualised part-time leave and extended parental leave. Diversity & Inclusion Pictet is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment. We respect all individuals and seek their inclusion in the workplace.