HSBC Holdings plc, the parent company of HSBC, is headquartered in London. HSBC serves customers worldwide from offices in 64 countries and territories in our geographical regions: Europe, Asia, North America, Latin America, and Middle East and North Africa. With assets of $2,715bn at 31 December 2019, HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations. HSBC provides a comprehensive range of financial services through three global businesses: Retail Banking & Wealth Management; Commercial Banking; Global Banking and Markets; and Wealth & Personal Banking.
Role and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Head of Business Development and Client Management, the Client Executive role is critical to supporting and growing the MSS (Market & Securities Services) business, with primary responsibility and accountability for:
- sustainable growth from new or incremental business and cross sales in line with MSS commercial and risk parameters;
- understanding and alignment of clients’ medium to long term strategic priorities; and
- the MSS-client relationship including service, product strategy/delivery, commercials and contractuals
The key purpose of the role is to execute MSS growth plans and in doing so, support the management, develop strategic partnership with our clients and help maintain the highest levels of client satisfaction.
Managing relationships with senior stakeholders throughout the financial industry will also be key to the success of the role, and will require interaction with our marketing teams to ensure market messaging is understood, and industry events are planned and attended in close conjunction with the sales and product functions.
In summary, the role holder will primarily be responsible for the growth of their client base and will be both internally and externally focused. Stakeholder management across account management, operational, product and sales teams will also be a key requirement. The role holder will also adopt a leadership role within the department, positively contributing the strategy, growth targets and development of the team. The role holder will also have to position MSS within the HSBC group.
- Create, maintain and execute detailed client plans alongside MSS ExCo and Group sponsorship programmes
- Maintain accountability for the identification, tracking and execution of growth opportunities across MSS products, in line with assigned targets
- Sponsor all new business approval submissions with accountability for all deal management, pipeline reporting and business approval processes and procedures
- Maintain assigned client base/sector development dashboard against AOP plans and within MSS profitability guidelines
- Build relationships with key client decision-makers and other industry influencers
- Be the primary MSS advocate within the client’s organisation, and the client’s throughout all MSS departments, with oversight of service satisfaction and reference-ability
Professional Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in a client facing leadership role, demonstrating excellent communication and presentation skills, and an ability to influence business priorities/strategy
- Detailed understanding of commercial and contractual relationships, risks and mitigants and an ability to successfully incorporate into complex legal and commercial negotiations
- Track record in owning, maintaining and growing client relationships across securities services products as a trusted advisor with an ability to help define and execute client strategy
- Demonstrable quality track record as a leader, team-player and mentor with the capacity to positively contribute to the current and future state client management function
- Proven ability to adapt to the changing demands of the industry, clients and internal stakeholders
- Fully proficient in understanding the regulations that drive the securities services arena
- Excellent understanding of controls, risk management (product and market) and mitigation techniques
- Excellent technical knowledge of all MSS products and a strong network throughout GBM and the Group to ensure alignment of growth strategy at all levels and to maximise cross sale opportunities
- Ability to plan and organise workload in order to meet deadlines, taking into account relative priorities;
- Excellent PC skills;
- Fluent English essential, knowledge of French or other European languages would be a definite advantage.
If you’re looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae (in English) , and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we will acknowledge your application only if we wish to proceed to interview. If you have not received a response within 4 weeks your application has not been successful.
Please also note that every selected candidate will have to provide us with a valid criminal record check in due time.
For any GDPR request, please send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org