Who we are looking for
Compliance Analyst, Assistant Vice President supports the State Street Bank International Gmbh Luxembourg Branch to ensure compliance with regulatory, contractual, corporate and local regulatory requirements. The Compliance AVP also supports the Lux branch in the delivery and supervision of the Compliance Program by providing technical and administrative assistance. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Compliance Analyst, AVP you will
What we value
- Be responsible for supporting the successful execution and delivery of the Compliance Program of the Gmbh Luxembourg Branch and to provide adequate Compliance support to the Business when required
- Ensure adequate oversight of the Compliance Program,
- Work with the business to ensure that all identified remedial action items are closed within a timely manner with adequate documentation as evidence of closure
- Contribute to Compliance Management Reporting as required
- Provide support with day to day compliance tasks.
- Ensure that regulator reporting are sent on a timely manner
- Provide ad-hoc compliance and regulatory advice and support to the business and other compliance and controls and testing teams.
- Keep up to date with latest developments in regards to Regulatory rules and regulations and Corporate policies and procedures to update Compliance policies and procedures if required
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with supported Business Units and Corporate Areas (including other Corporate Compliance Teams)
- Review processes and procedures to ensure they are current and up to date and communicate enhancements which would make the process more effective
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Good organizational skills; must be able to prioritise multiple requests and escalate issues in a timely manner
- Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal and analytical skills; to be able to inform and influence both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated capability to work under pressure with attention to detail, strong problem solving skills and ability to adequately prioritize tasks
- Pro-active, can-do attitude
- Current or recent compliance, legal, risk or audit experience gained within financial services is required (minimum 5 years of experience); although candidates from the business with a good knowledge appropriate products and services, such as custody and investment services will be considered
- Good knowledge of the Luxembourgish regulatory environment
- Fluent in English and French
- General systems proficiency: Excel, PowerPoint, Word
About State Street What we do.
- Medical Insurance Policy (Medicis /Le Foyer and DKV)
- Voluntary additional Health Insurance - Preferential Rates
- Short Term Disability Coverage
- Eye Care Benefits
- Flu Vaccinations
- Holiday allowance: 26 days of annual leave + 8.5 rest days
- Group Insurance - Assurance Dommages et RC Divers et Accidents
- Group Pension Scheme
- Gym Scheme - Preferential Rates
- Meal Vouchers (Sodexo)
- Discount Card/ Scheme (Sympass/Emresa)
- Preferred Banking Arrangements
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers