Compliance Consultant – Commercial insurance - Luxembourg
- Top level
- Luxembourg Luxembourg Luxembourg LU
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Paragon Executive
- 16 mai 18 2018-05-16
Reporting directly to the CRO, A leading European opportunity for a compliance Consultant to join a global Commercial insurer to work cross border in the Luxembourg office. The successful candidate will have a track record in progressive compliance roles within a similar size operation focused on general commercial insurance operations.
- To maintain and, where appropriate, develop or revise appropriate policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Programme and the independent risk management function to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct
- Provide operational compliance and regulatory affairs support to the company’s operations across Europe
- Be the principle point of contact for the company in Luxembourg and proactively manage the regulatory relationship
- Ensure Compliance policies, procedures and processes are appropriate for the regulatory environment in Luxembourg
- Contribute to the embedding of the Conduct Risk Framework
- Managing regulatory licensing obligations for their Europe companies
- Contribute to the development of the annual Compliance Framework and Programme set by the company and be responsible for monitoring compliance with the framework in the regions
- Ensuring timely and accurate compliance reports to Boards of Directors and Board Committees
- Keep pace with changes to legislation, regulations and market practice; responding to regulatory consultations in close collaboration with the CRO while promoting a culture of pro-active compliance within the Company
- Assist with the provision of compliance advisory and monitoring services with respect to branches, service companies and other international operations
- Collaborate with a locally based small team, with further support available from the Head Office Compliance team
- Manage and coordinate regulatory filings and comply with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and ensure, at a level appropriate to the position, that appropriate measures are in place to ensure this compliance
- Work with the CRO to manage day to day compliance issues across the business and provide compliance support as required and lead representation at Company Boards and Committees where required
- Direct experience within the European market with an understanding of regulatory requirements and reporting in Luxembourg is essential. Further, should be comfortable working in a matrix environment with the ability to influence and build relationships within the greater enterprise and distribution channels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with colleagues and embed a culture of compliance in the company.
- An ability to work off your own initiative to organise, prioritise and manage work effectively to deadlines
- Decision-making ability and the ability analyse and resolve problems
- Experience of dealing with regulatory authorities at a senior level
- Ability to apply regulatory and compliance requirements to the business in an efficient and business friendly manner.
- Takes a hands-on practical problem-solving approach to achieving a business outcome and to ensuring that the right business culture and behaviours are being pursued
- Sound judgment and a willingness to exercise it and be assertive as necessary.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software systems
- An ability to communicate at all levels in the organisation with confidence and clarity
- 6 + Years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in working for a multi-line insurance company
- Experience of Luxembourg legal and regulatory requirements
- May have related industry professional education.
For a private and confidential conversation and for a full job description please contact
Ciarán O Connell on 01-8746770. Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org