CMB in Luxembourg will offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic team aiming at succeeding in the European market. You will be part of an ambitious project and challenging environment.
China Merchants Bank Co., Ltd., founded in 1987, is China’s first joint-stock commercial bank which has been ranked among China’s top commercial banks for many consecutive years.
CMB set up a branch that provides commercial banking services in Luxembourg in March 2015 and acts as the gateway and regional headquarter of CMB group in Continental Europe. In May 2021, China Merchants Bank Co., Ltd., has established a subsidiary-in Luxembourg, China Merchants Bank (Europe) S.A. in Luxembourg.
- Perform compliance related matters, such as the prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing, market abuse, governance, etc.;
- Involve in AML/CFT and KYC onboarding process matters and act as second line (including the use of transactions and name screening tools);
- Preparation of the periodic reports to be provided to the following stakeholders: the Head Office, the CSSF etc.;
- Participate in solving internal legal and compliance problems and settlement of legal and compliance matters of litigious nature;
- Support internal risk assessment exercises in connection with the legal & compliance risk the Company;
- Perform the activities as described by the compliance monitoring plan;
- Analysis and assess potential impact of relevant regulatory requirements issued by the CSSF/BCL/ECB or any other relevant lawmakers or regulatory authorities;
- Provide standard and ad-hoc information and reports to regulators, auditors and Group, as appropriated.
In your role, your qualifications are:
- Around 3-5 years of work experience in a compliance and/or legal department of an international bank in the EU (preferably in Luxembourg).
- Master degree in law preferably acquired in the EU.
- Good knowledge in EU banking regulations and/or Luxembourg banking regulations.
- Excellent command of verbal and written English. French/German/Chinese would be a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-culture environment, and be able to coordinate and communicate with different departments and with external parties.
- Ability to comply with strict deadlines, flexible, “can do” attitude.