At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. THE ROLE
This position is primarily responsible for supporting Compliance and AML initiatives within the Compliance team. It includes a) completion of aspects of the compliance monitoring program b) monitoring activities and procedures to ensure compliance with MFS' internal policies and AML guidelines; and, where required, provide advice on Compliance / AML / Sanction compliance queries. WHAT YOU WILL DO
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Execution and ongoing enhancement of the Compliance Monitoring Plan and ensure it remains robust, effective and aligned to the priority risks of the business.
- Prepare and produce relevant regulatory reports.
- Assist in performing periodic due diligence on delegates.
- Handle and review AML/KYC check in accordance with the AML/CFT program.
- Participate in Compliance projects that involve interactions across MFS, address concerns, present solutions and identify ways to mitigate risk exposure.
- Research of regulatory issues and provide appropriate advice and guidance and advice to internal stakeholders to assist in achieving / maintaining compliant operations and processes.
- Respond to compliance requests for assistance from the business and work with relevant colleagues within the wider Compliance team to provide required Compliance training to staff based in their regions.
- 2-5+ years relevant experience from investment management, financial services, audit or industry related.
- Compliance experience.
- Strong knowledge of UCITS Regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, customer-service, team-working and problem-solving skills. Must be able to write effectively, and present research, analysis, and conclusions in a persuasive manner.
- Proven ability to develop and foster strong interpersonal relationships and to maintain effective cross-functional teams throughout the organization.
- Strong attention to detail is essential.
- Good business judgment and the ability to handle challenges while maintaining a professional approach to problem solving.
- Any certification/additional qualification can be considered as an advantage.
At MFS, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply - you might be just the right candidate for this role or others. What we offer:
At MFS, we view our employees as family - and like you, we want our family happy and healthy. That's why we provide competitive benefits programs and family-friendly policies which support the work-life balance needs of our employees.
MFS is a hybrid work environment
(remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.