About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW You'll be working in the Alternative NAV Calculation team within Fund Administration in Luxembourg. Our team is in charge of the accuracy of the net asset value calculations and is responsible of all workflows related to these funds. We are working in close collaboration with the respective services at the custodian bank. MAIN DUTIES
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- ensure timely and accurate calculation of the Net Asset Value of the funds assigned
- posting accounting entries and performing reconciliations
- act as main point of contact for your client portfolio
- participate in the valuation process of underlying investments
- oversee the unaudited financial statements and annual reports of administered entities
- provide assistance to complex NAV queries and problems
- support management & team on various tasks
- making recommendations to improve processes for a more efficient service
- main contact point for requests from other internal teams and fund auditors
- year-end closings (control and review of accounts, closing of accounts)
- participation in fund events (merger, liquidation and similar events)
- co-ordination and co-operation with the wider teams involved in the NAV calculation processes.
- a bachelor's or master's degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance
- experience in Fund Accounting experience in Alternative Funds
- an understanding of Lux GAAP and accounting principles
- strong technical and analytical skills
- an good command of Microsoft Excel
- knowledge of GP3/GP4 accounting platform is required
- the ability to stay on track, even when dealing with tight deadlines
- Good team work and communication skills
Working with Us:
- eager to solve complex problems with multidisciplinary teams
- detail oriented, with structured, organized, methodical planning skills
- proactive, with strong interpersonal skills (and this noticeable even when under pressure)
- capable of understanding client needs and translating them into solutions
- fluent in English, French will be considered a plus
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com .
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.