About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
- Auditor & Client liaison.
- Role will encompass all facets of the calculation review of the net asset value on a variety of cross jurisdiction complex fund types and products
- Owner of FA internal and external deliveries (NAV, tax, reporting, etc ...)
- Active participation and ownership in project management leaded / sponsored by Section Manager
- Key point of contact with direct Section Manager and Client Service Manager (SME)
- Ensuring the NAVs are reviewed and validated before dissemination to clients, other parties, and markets as per NT standards
- Ensuring that the reconciliation of cash and security transactions are done in an efficient and timely manner to maintain the team's reconciliation items at a minimum level
- Ensuring that the pricing of portfolio's including Equities, Options, Futures, Fixed Income, OTCs, and Forwards are validated per pricing policy
- Responding to client queries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Monitoring recurrent reporting for onward transmission (Internal, to the Trustees, Clients, Third Parties) and resolve any queries posed within specific timeframes in a prompt and professional manner
- Performing duties in accordance with current procedures and challenging and enhancing the current procedures.
- Review, enhance and redesign the procedures as the operational model changes
- Consult with FA management to drive change and improvement.
- Liaise with internal departments, Trustees/Depositaries, Custodians, Auditors, and key clients and attend meetings when required
- Communicate effectively both orally & in written form with internal departments and external bodies and monitoring the same with all team members
- Working actively and closely with Manager(s) on various processes/projects, such as being assigned to take the lead and/or assist to implement new processes
- Training of fund accountants and supervisors on all aspects of NAV process and any type of reporting
Skills / Experience
- Proven understanding of multi region fund's structures in a financial services NAV environment.
- Ability to work under pressure to achieve the multiple daily deadlines for client deliverables, with a mature approach.
- Knowledge of the regulatory regulations pertaining to, Mutual Funds, Open-Ended Investment Companies (OEICs) and close ended funds
- Financial instrument knowledge - Traditional asset types, Derivatives and Private Capital Market Assets
- Excellent interpersonal skills for consulting with the Fund Accounting team and other Internal Departments, Trustees/Depositaries, Custodians, Auditors, and the Fund Management Companies to which a service is provided
- Hold an accounting, business, or mathematical qualification in university
- Being a Subject Matter Expert (SME) of one or multiple activities with at least 7 years of relevant core FA experience
- Fluent in English
Working with Us:
- Excellent desktop, IT, and systems skills.
- Experience of SunGard Invest One. Considered a key advantage
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word essential.
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com .
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.