The Pictet Group
is one of the world's leading independent wealth and asset managers. Founded in 1805 and headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, the Group is represented at 30 offices in financial centres worldwide, and currently employs over 5200 people. Pictet has been present since 1989 in Luxembourg, where it employs over 700 people. Pictet Asset Management (Europe) S.A
., set up in Luxembourg in 2005, manages the assets of some of the world's largest institutions, financial intermediaries and their clients. Our culture welcomes independent thinkers and centres around investment excellence, a long-term perspective and a dedication to client service.
Business line of Pictet Asset Management Luxembourg, Pictet Alternative Advisors (PAA)
is a leading alternative investment specialist with expertise in private equity, real estate and hedge funds. The Pictet Group has strong development ambitions for PAA over the coming years.
To sustain its growth, PAA is looking to hire a Corporate Governance Officer
to enhance governance of our various entities. The position is open with Pictet Asset management (Europe) SA, the European management company of the Pictet Group located in Luxembourg and under the supervision of the Head of Fund Legal PE/RE. Your role
As a Governance Officer and part of a team of 2 Legal professionals, you will be the main contact person for governance and administrative topics relating to PAA's corporate structures established or to be established. You will play a key role in ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements, from an administrative, accounting and tax perspective.
Your daily activity will consist of the following tasks:
- Setting-up and maintaining a corporate governance framework in line with industry best practices;
- Assisting in the preparation of executive committees / board meetings of the Luxembourg AIFM for any topic in relation to PAA's business;
- For PAA's corporate vehicles :
- Acting as main point of contact/liaison with various fund service providers (fund administration, depositary, etc.) as regards the day-to-day corporate activities (notably validation/signature of documents);
- Creating and maintaining dashboards/diagrams to monitor the administrative management of the vehicles;
- Managing and addressing requests from internal or external counterparties and auditors;
- Maintaining and updating the Luxembourg Register of Beneficial Owners (RBE) and Company Register (RCS);
- Maintaining and updating documentation in relation to the managers of PAA's corporate vehicles
- Determining and maintaining of EMIR, FATCA, CRS status;
- Following-up and archiving mails, correspondences and any other documents.
- At least 5 years' experience in a financial institution with a focus on investment/asset management, ideally in private markets and specifically covering corporate secretary, governance matters, fund administration as well as product management;
- Proven experience in participating in industry association working groups;
- Comprehensive understanding of corporate governance principles and practical knowledge of operations and financial products;
- Proven ability to work with different service providers, both legal and operational;
- You have a strong attention to detail and organizational skills demonstrated in your previous experiences and are a natural communicator with a positive mindset;
- You are eager to learn from your team members, and are a natural service and solution driven professional;
- You have shown the ability to work in a multicultural environment and with teams in multiple locations and languages;
- Complete proficiency in English and French and at ease discussing governance, operational and legal matters in both languages. Any additional European language would be an asset.
We will not accept any CVs from agencies.
In accordance with the provisions of the Luxembourg law of 23 July 2016 amending the law of 29 March 2013, candidates may be required to provide an extract from their criminal record. This document, issued by the authorities, must not be older than three months. Such a document will be requested with the aim of carrying out a character check on candidates, bearing in mind the area of activity of our establishment and, more particularly, the tasks described in the job description. Flexible and modern ways of working
As a responsible and supportive employer, we promote the well-being of our employees through a set of flexible working arrangements, ranging from a work-from-home policy for eligible functions to opportunities for annualised part-time leave and extended parental leave. Diversity & Inclusion Pictet is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment. We respect all individuals and seek their inclusion in the workplace.