DEPOSITARY ANALYST (M/F)
DO Recruitment Advisors is excited to be recruiting a Depositary Analyst (m/f) for an International operator in the Alternative Investment Funds Industry based in Luxembourg.
The successful candidate will be involved in all of the key areas in the depositary function: asset verification, cash monitoring, oversight & due diligence duties.
The individual will be responsible for servicing a portfolio of real estate and private equity funds. The individual will liaise with CFOs, financial controllers and legal counsels at fund managers, colleagues from the administration and AIFM departments and other third parties (including banks, other service providers and auditors) necessary to ensure a smooth completion of the depositary duties on timely basis. The individual will work closely alongside the Assistant Manager and the Head of Depositary within a small client team. The candidate will be expected to interface with clients in order to problem solve and proactively deliver our services.
The successful candidate will be involved in developing and coaching other members of the team to provide a quality client-focused service. The candidate will also have an understanding of the Luxembourg legal and regulatory regimes applicable to private equity and real estate funds.
• Administer depositary services for a portfolio of existing and new clients managing real estate and private equity funds.
• Client relationship management including ongoing multi-channel communication such as face-to-face, telephone and email.
• Taking responsibility of all client deliverables and deadlines, organising work effectively for testing, reviewing and sign-off for key events, cash monitoring, risk assessment, asset verification, client take-on, quarterly reviews and quarterly depositary reports.
• Undertake the client take on process and client risk assessments.
• Undertake key event assessments including subscriptions, drawdowns, acquisitions, disposals, distributions, terminations and others.
• Cash flow monitoring: preparation of high-level reconciliations, analytical reviews and substantive testing of bank accounts.
• Safekeeping and verification of assets: verifying that assets and their economic benefit exist and are owned by the Fund. Maintaining an up to date inventory of all assets held by the Fund.
• Ongoing monitoring and oversight of the Fund and Fund Manager - ensuring controls and procedures adequate and are being adhered to, ensuring the fund is being managed in accordance with the fund documentation
• Persevere with non-responsive clients to find alternative ways of working and solutions to aid timely delivery of information.
• Updating billing schedules ahead of quarter / period-end for clients and chase any late payments.
• Delivering work to the expected standard and timeframes.
• Training and coaching junior staff and trainees.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE:
• Previous 1-3 years’ experience in AIF depositary or auditing in the real estate / private equity industry.
• Ability to understand/to investigate complex transactions including through the review of accounting records, financial reporting and legal documentations.
• Excellent attention to detail and an inquisitive mind-set.
• Ability to think laterally about the practical application of the AIFMD, particularly in relation to the verification of a diverse portfolio of assets.
• Ability to work in a small, but rapidly expanding, company environment with focused and motivated individuals.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations for which there may be little precedence.
• Ability to plan effectively, with strong deadline orientation.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience in Excel and Word (MS Office).
• Fluent in English (French and German would be considered as an advantage).
Our client provides fund administration and AIFMD services to real estate and private equity clients.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, our client can ask the successful candidate to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check may also be requested.