Job Description Who are we looking for:
The Depositary Oversight Team performs the depositary functions for Alternative Investment Funds and UCITS, The candidate will act as deputy to the team leader representing the team internally and towards clients,
The candidate will work closely with this/her managers as well as with colleagues from the legal and operations department and other State Street offices. Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for:
- Perform day-to-day operations linked to the requirements as stipulated in AIFMD and UCITS V Directives as well as linked to the articles in the CSSF Circulars 16/644 and 18/697.
- Analyzing assets acquired by the fund and determine the flow of ownership verification.
- Review the cash flow monitoring and assess if further investigations are required
- Perform the oversight duties
- Assist with presenting depositary services to potential clients and internal parties
- Taking part in the determination and assessment of relevant legal documentation on multi-domicile alternative structures such as private placement memoranda, share purchase agreements, corporate and financing documents, title deeds and similar
- Monitoring and taking care of the day-to-day operations of the depositary and following up with third parties, including administrator and fund managers
- Participating in performing due diligence on third parties and clients (AIFMs/ManCo's)
- Determining and assessing relevant information on alternative structures relating to transactions and cash flows
- Degree in law, economy or finance
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years professional experience in a similar role; ideally in a Depositary bank or Fund Administration
- Ability to analyze a situation and obtain information to reach sound conclusions
- Strong organizational skills, with attention to detail and meeting tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Service-oriented and results-focused
- Ability to work autonomously
- Good team player
- English (fluent, spoken and in writing)
- Other languages are an advantage