Who we are looking for
The Depositary Oversight Team performs the depositary functions for Alternative Investment Funds and UCITS, The candidate will act as deputy to the team leader representing the team internally and towards clients,
The candidate will work closely with this/her managers as well as with colleagues from the legal and operations department and other State Street offices. Why this role is important to us
You will be joining the Institutional Services function that allows us to deliver a comprehensive, holistic approach to each client relationship - for asset managers and asset owners, insurance companies, and official institutions globally. It means our client-facing functions work together to bring the very best solutions and services the firm has to offer - across all of our locations, products, and capabilities.
Join us if making your mark on the long-lasting client relationships we build is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Depository Analyst you will
What we value
- Perform day-to-day operations linked to the requirements as stipulated in AIFMD and UCITS V Directives as well as linked to the articles in the CSSF Circulars 16/644 and 18/697.
- Analyzing assets acquired by the fund and determine the flow of ownership verification.
- Review the cash flow monitoring and assess if further investigations are required
- Perform the oversight duties
- Assist with presenting depositary services to potential clients and internal parties
- Taking part in the determination and assessment of relevant legal documentation on multi-domicile alternative structures such as private placement memoranda, share purchase agreements, corporate and financing documents, title deeds and similar
- Monitoring and taking care of the day-to-day operations of the depositary and following up with third parties, including administrator and fund managers
- Participating in performing due diligence on third parties and clients (AIFMs/ManCo's)
- Determining and assessing relevant information on alternative structures/ UCITS relating to transactions and cash flows
- Ensuring implementation of and compliance with relevant internal procedures
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Non-technical competencies:
- Ability to analyze a situation and obtain information to reach sound conclusions
- Strong organizational skills, with attention to detail and meeting tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Service-oriented and results-focused
- Ability to work autonomously
- Good team player
- English and either French or German (fluent, spoken and in writing)
- Other languages are an advantage
Additional requirements Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- Degree in law, economy or finance
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years professional experience in a similar role; ideally in a depositary bank
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.