- CDI, Plein-temps
- Riverbank SA
- 15 janv. 18
Dutch Speaking Senior Transaction Lawyer (in-house)
RiverBank is looking to recruit for its office a Dutch speaking Senior Transaction Lawyer, who will focus on the loan origination and directly report to the Head of Legal.
RiverBank is a specialised lender dedicated to financing Small and Medium Enterprises (SME’s) with an initial focus on the Benelux and Germany. RiverBank received a full European Banking Licence from the European Central Bank in March 2017.
RiverBank’s mission is to combine the best of the fintech and banking world. As experienced bankers, we commit the bank's balance sheet to grant loans which we analyse using a fundamental credit approach. As a fintech player, we use a network of advisors, banks and accountants to digitally source, process and monitor the loans we originate.
The Legal Department of RiverBank is responsible for providing legal services and advice to the bank, its Management and its Departments as well as to manage the legal risks involved in the bank’s operations. One of the core roles of the Legal Department is to accompany from a legal point of view the loan origination process to SME’s and to manage the legal aspects throughout the term of the loans including, if need be, the debt collection.
- Advising on all legal and regulatory matters relating to the bank’s SME lending activity with a focus on the Dutch market
- Supporting the on-boarding of new structures, drafting and negotiating contractual arrangements and reviewing offering documents
- Acting as a gatekeeper and closely interact with different departments to help manage legal risks
- Assessing new regulatory developments and advising on potential business impacts and opportunities
- University degree in law
- Minimum 7 years of experience, preferably within a bank or a Banking / Litigation Department of a Law firm
- Fluent in Dutch and English (German would be an asset)
- Strong writing skills and drafting capabilities in Dutch and English
- Good knowledge of legal matters pertaining to the granting of loans and collateral documentation under Dutch law
- Good analytical skills and attention to details
- Able to take responsibilities and to work autonomously