EUROPEAN FUND TAX DIRECTOR- UCITS (M/F)
The Global Fund Tax Department is responsible for managing the tax compliance and planning for all the company's funds and products globally. The department consists of teams located in the US, Canada, India, and different European locations.
The European Fund Tax team is responsible for managing all tax matters of their funds domiciled in Europe. This includes ongoing tax compliance, tax planning, tax analysis related to new product structures and complex transactions, implementation of tax law changes, as well as collaboration with external tax advisors or auditors.
The European Fund Tax Director will oversee all regional tax resources, requirements, and responsibilities for the European Fund Tax team, as well as the products and funds domiciled in European jurisdictions. This position reports to the Vice President - Global Fund Tax.
• Establishing and maintaining internal tax policies and procedures and coordinating with colleagues globally on such matters, where appropriate.
• Responsible for key business decisions within the European Fund Tax Department and for the overall management of the department regionally. To that end, the Director - Fund Tax Europe must understand both current needs and anticipated resource requirements to effectively develop longer term business plans and ensure that a robust internal control structure is in place within the department.
• Developing strategic tax plans for the department and funds and to present such plans to senior division and company management. This requires the incorporation of both local tax law as well as a detailed understanding of new or pending tax legislation so as to fully understand the potential impacts to the F fund products regionally.
• Ensuring that the European Fund Tax team maintains applicable product and investor tax compliance deliverables, provides high quality business solutions to key internal business partners including Portfolio Management, Product Development, the Transfer Agency, and effectively collaborates with other business units across the organization.
• Representation of the company on applicable industry bodies, working closely with tax advisors and auditors to establish appropriate tax positions and advising business partners on complex tax questions.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE:
• An advanced degree in law, taxation, accounting, or equivalent experience
• Certification as an attorney (e.g. member of applicable bar), public accountant, certified tax advisor or comparable local qualification is required.
• +5 years experience in a public accounting firm or in an industry position, with substantial exposure to the issues of the taxation of European investment funds, financial instruments and transactions, as well as to European investor reporting.
• Significant experience with managing a functionally and geographically diverse team.
• Experience managing tax or finance related automation projects and implementing and utilizing data analytics tools (i.e., Alteryx, Power BI, Tableau, Xceptor) is strongly preferred.
• Excellent technical research, analysis and writing skills to be able to conduct and document applicable tax issues, considerations and recommendations related to complex tax issues or situations, with a demonstrated ability to present complex tax issues in a succinct and understandable manner to key business partners.
• Experience in analyzing, educating on and implementing global tax laws is required.
• Fluency in English. German and/or French language skills would be a strong asset.
• Excellent computer skills (MS Office applications).
Our client is one of the largest asset managers globally.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, some of our clients ask the successful candidate to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested.