My client, a leading multinational investment bank, are seeking a Financial Analyst to join their team in Luxembourg for an initial 12 month contract.
- Preparation of accurate and effective analysis of financial data.
- Preparation of annual report notes
- Preparation of RBC reporting
- Monitoring of KPIs / KQIs of Group
- Monitoring of intragroup
Regulatory and Statutory Reporting:
- Key member of team that will be producing the commentary and analysis of the Group results, balance sheet and off-balance sheet data, with in-depth review of allocated subject matters. In this role it is essential to have good technical knowledge and analytical skills.
- Oversight and monitoring of the intercompany reconciliation of the Group, ensuring that this key control respects the SOX control environment.
- Monitoring of KPIs/ KQIs of the SRR function with the objective of continuous improvement in the SRR function.
- Preparation of the Group reporting, including variance analysis. This task will require good technical knowledge and analytical skills in order to ensure the integrity of data and the continuous improvement of processes involved.
- Preparation and review of allocated sections of annual reports, ensuring integrity and accuracy of allocated sections.
- Analyse and Identify process improvements.
- Special projects as required.
- Initiate new procedures.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Post-secondary degree majoring in finance, accounting or economics.
- 4+ years experience in a finance and/or accounting role.
- Above average oral and written communication skills in French & English (desirable but not essential)
- Strong analytical thinking and attention to detail to ensure data integrity.
- Strong thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to deal with a variety of issues on a concurrent basis.
- Ability to develop trust and credibility in order to ensure co-operation and efficiency.
- Ability to network within a large international and matrixed organisation.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member under pressure.
- Ability to deal with deadlines during peak periods.
- Good knowledge of Custody, Funds and unit registry business, securities lending and FX activity of the Group.
Computer skills (MS Office and excellent Excel skills; good knowledge of Bank systems (Magnitude).