HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations. Our global businesses serve around 39 million customers worldwide through a network that covers 62 countries and territories.
HSBC provides a comprehensive range of financial services through three global businesses: Retail Banking & Wealth Management; Commercial Banking; Global Banking and Markets; and Wealth & Personal Banking.
The HSBC Group in Luxembourg is a significant employer and operates several businesses including asset management, securities services, private banking and corporate banking.
For our Asset Management team in Luxembourg, we are looking to recruit a:
Financial Crime Compliance Manager
Role and Responsibilities:
HSBC Investment Funds Luxembourg S.A. (HIFL) is a Super Management Company, providing support to investments funds registered in Luxembourg and in Ireland, in accordance with the requirements of the UCITS and AIFM directives.
The FCC manager will assist the HIFL Head of FCC / RC of the funds to ensure that HIFL and the funds meet their professional AML/CFT and Sanctions obligations, including by providing the following:
- Continuous development of the AML/CFT framework, including the review and update of the risk appetite, risk assessment, execution of the compliance monitoring plan
- Regular review / update of the AML/CFT policies and procedures, to comply with relevant regulations and HSBC Group policies
- Support and advice to the HIFL Conducting Officers and staff on AML/CFT related matters
- Prepare reports to the Management and HIFL / Funds Board of Directors
- Support the Head of FCC in the due diligence and oversight of the Transfer Agents and Distributors
- Support the Head of FCC in the preparation of regulatory AML/CFT annual report to the CSSF, and AED, AML/CFT survey, training materials
- Ensure independence of the compliance department at all times, without compromising functions’ ability to meet its objectives and service the business
- Use initiative and creativity at all times, in order to conduct appointed tasks
- Maintain a constructive relationship with the business and Service Providers
- Contribute to continued improvement and maintenance of quality standards of compliance in a rapidly growing and diversifying business, for which compliance risk related objectives are continually increasing
- Ensure appropriate and sound decisions making and reasoning, during tasks supporting the Asset Management business to meet its strategic objectives in a compliant way
- Monitor regulatory developments and as far as possible, anticipate changes in order to ensure full compliance at all times
Professional skills and experience:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Compliance
- Strong interpersonal skills, including independence of mind, confidence and ability to interact with business representatives at all times, be solution focused and commercially aware
- Ability to work autonomous and deliver high quality work, also under time pressure
- Innovative in addressing and formalising solutions to address regulatory and internal control weaknesses that present compliance or reputational risk
- Proven analytical and reporting skills with the ability to support decisions with sound reasoning potentially delivering unwelcome messages to mitigate the banks risks
- Ability and drive to raise standards and make an impact on the compliance culture across the businesses
- Effectively and readily apply technical knowledge, skills and experience, independently and as part of team
- Proven experience of ManCo business within Luxembourg
- Thorough understanding of the Luxembourgish and Irish regulatory system in relation to asset management and funds
- Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills
Bachelor or Master degree in law, banking or an equivalent thereof
Knowledge of any other European language, in particular French, is an advantage
If you’re looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae (in English) and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we will acknowledge your application only if we wish to proceed to interview. If you have not received a response within 4 weeks your application has not been successful.
Please also note that every selected candidate will have to provide us with a valid criminal record check in due time.
For any GDPR request, please send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org