At SEI we value our employees and believe in driving growth through change. Part of building brave futures is making a concerted effort to develop and challenge our employees to achieve their goals through internal job mobility.
The SEI Luxembourg team is seeking a Financial Reporting Specialist. This position is responsible for the review and approval of Financial Statements prepared by our Dublin office and assists with the coordination of the overall financial reporting process for investment funds and companies, ranging across various financial reporting standards. The Financial Reporting Specialist will be responsible for reviewing and monitoring the operational tasks performed by our Dublin office in order to successfully meet the deliverables in the Financial Reporting Department. This role will assume responsibility for reviewing and approving financial statements, regulatory filings and other aspects of regulatory compliance in the Luxembourg jurisdiction. This position may require occasional travel, predominantly within Europe.
Within any applicable tax limits for cross-border work, this position may be eligible to be performed in a hybrid fashion (in the office 3 or more days/week and from a home office up to 2 days/week). What you will do:
What we need from you:
- Serve as a main daily contact for our colleagues in Dublin, in relation to a range of clients, and their deliverables, ensuring employees adhere to company policies and procedures, in alignment with established service level agreements made in conjunction with accounting teams and external stakeholders
- Verify all established Financial Reporting processing procedures and controls are completed accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Review, approve and provide comments, where applicable, on work performed by the Dublin office, including:
- Preparation and distribution of Annual and Interim Financial Statements
- Timely completion of all local Luxembourg Financial Regulatory Filings (i.e. BCL, RCS, and relevant marketing institutions), in alignment with regulatory reporting requirements
- Coordinate, plan and complete audits and audit-related requirements
- Maintain a Central Library of All Audited Financial Statements
- Ensure coverage of any/all activities managed by the team
- Respond to queries and information requests from clients and/or auditors within defined deadlines and with appropriate documentation
- Identify, document and resolve actual/potential issues.
- Supervise, train, coach and mentor junior colleagues/new employees, develop and motivate staff within the Financial Reporting discipline
- Assist Authorized Management team with the development, implementation and maintenance of departmental procedures and documentation thereof; collaborate to ensure employees adhere to company policies and procedures
- Further develop a comprehensive understanding of offshore and domestic Financial Reporting requirements for alternative and/or mutual funds
- Continually assess and generate ideas to innovate our operational service model, with a focus on quality, efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with external clients, as well as internal relationship managers and other functional teams and business units within SEI
- Attend and participate in regular team meetings. Complete ad hoc projects, as needed.
What we would like from you:
- 3+ years' funds experience in Luxembourg, ideally with alternative investments (i.e. private debt/private equity/hedge funds/UCITs
- 2+ years financial reporting and/or audit experience, including report preparation, regulatory filing and distribution
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of best practices (GAAP rules/IFRS principles) within the Investment (Financial) Services Industry, ideally within Luxembourg/EU
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects and deadlines to meet strict deadlines, prioritizing work and maximizing efficiencies to manage time
- Fluency in English language, with strong written and verbal communication skills
- PC proficiency, particularly with Microsoft Office Suite
- Third level qualification, preferably in Accounting/Finance or related field
- Proven supervisory skills, including experience leading/coaching/mentoring a team
- Project management experience, including strong organizational and administrative skills
- Knowledge of and expertise with the FIS Investran and/or Advent Geneva systems
- Knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering requirements
- Initiative and ownership of assigned deliverables and responsibilities
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Positive 'can do' attitude with excellent problem solving skills
- Flexible/adaptable, detail-oriented team player
- Fluency in foreign language(s) (both written and verbal) an advantage
- Someone who will embody our SEI Values of courage, integrity, collaboration, inclusion, connection and fun. Please see our website for more information. https://www.seic.com/
® & SEI Lux:
SEI (NASDAQ:SEIC) delivers technology and investment solutions that connect the financial services industry. With capabilities across investment processing, operations, and asset management, SEI works with corporations, financial institutions and professionals, and ultra-high-net-worth families to help drive growth, make confident decisions, and protect futures. As of June 30, 2023, SEI manages, advises, or administers approximately $1.3 trillion in assets. For more information, visit seic.com.
SEI Investments - S.A. (SEI Lux") is SEI's Luxembourg-based European subsidiary, a specialized PSF, authorised and regulated by the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF") (B257752), providing administrative and transfer agency services to Luxembourg investment funds. SEI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and so much more:
SEI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We recognize that our people are our most valuable asset and are (literally) invested in your success we know that a healthy, happy and motivated workforce is key to our continued growth. We are focused on ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We are a technology and asset management company, delivering on our promise of building brave futuresSM-for our clients, our communities, and ourselves. Come build your brave future at SEI. Note:
This position will require a successful background check, including employment verification, education verification and criminal history review, once an offer has been extended and accepted. SEI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and so much more...
After over 50 years in business, SEI remains a leading global provider of investment processing, investment management, and investment operations solutions. Reflecting our experience within financial services and financial technology our offices encompass an open floor plan and numerous art installations designed to encourage innovation and creativity in our workforce. We recognize that our people are our most valuable asset and that a healthy, happy, and motivated workforce is key to our continued growth. At SEI, we're (literally) invested in your success. We offer our employees paid parental leave, back-up childcare arrangements, paid volunteer days, education assistance and access to thriving employee networks.
SEI is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.