Fund Accounting Associate
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Finders SA
- 09 avr. 19
Do you have a Master in Finance/Accounting and hands-on experience in fund accounting and NAV oversight? Do you fancy a change in location or perhaps you are already Luxembourg-based? This is a tremendous opportunity to join a leading employer of choice in a great location where business is booming!
One of the largest and long-established, global investment management companies in the world. For its Luxembourg range of funds and its European segregated accounts, our client is well known for its value-oriented, research-driven, long-term investment philosophy. This company is offering a rare and exciting chance for a young accountant with a couple of years experience to move from the service provider or audit side to the management company client side. With a low staff turnover, excellent working conditions and a structured career path on offer, this is a chance for a dynamic, low-key, driven and pro-active high flyer to really make a difference and contribute to the growth of their friendly team from the Luxembourg office.
Do you have a Bachelor or Master in Finance/Accounting and a couple of years accounting or audit experience? Perhaps you are in the UK, Ireland or elsewhere and keen for an international experience? This is a tremendous opportunity to join a leading employer of choice in a great location where business is booming!
Joining a busy, growing fund administration team, you will report to the Manager and be part of an exciting and busy department, working with like-minded people. A close-knit team and the chance to learn from experts and for your career to take that step-up. This role could therefore be attractive for those coming from fund administration, fund accounting or audit. A chance to move to the client side for the management company!
Working with Analysts to mentor you, you will be part of a busy and successful NAV Oversight team working with a very collegial team where personality fit is key. In summary your role will in essence be performing time-critical review, verification and production work which includes reconciliations, valuation, reporting and vendor oversight in order to ensure daily NAV accuracy. You will also be involved in participating in projects to provide fund accounting information and guidance to internal departments and be in frequent contact with internal and external stakeholders.
In more details, your primary responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- NAV oversight – pricing and securities valuation, passive currency overlay, swing pricing, dividend distributions, accounting for complex instruments and derivatives
- Fund accounting operations – cash reconciliations and cash projections, portfolio reconciliations (positions, pricing and income), investment of liquidities
- Financial and regulatory reporting – audit process, financial statements, total expense ratio, portfolio yield, financial and trading data
- Services – staying abreast of regulatory and operational developments via newsflashes, webinars, conferences, contacts within the fund industry
- Directing requests on funds’ data to the most appropriate source, collate relevant information or provide directly a response – to include extensive knowledge in this regard of fund prospectuses, annual reports etc
- Participate in cross-department projects and team initiatives
- Additional ad-hoc responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor or Master in Finance or Accounting
- This is a relatively junior role so we are looking for around 1-4 years’ relevant work experience - ideally an Audit background from a Big 4 or else an accounting background
- Understanding of and interested in accounting and finance; training and mentoring by more senior members of the team on the specifics of the role will be given
- Ability to analyse complex data and/or technical issues and able to synthesize outcomes in a qualitative way
- Sound judgement skills with an agile and adaptable personality
- You are keen to learn and a driven, dynamic, curious person - happy to be part of a close-knit, very collegial team
- High proficiency with Excel and excellent numerical ability
- Mother-tongue/fluent English
- IIdeally already living in the Luxembourg area or happy to relocate to the region (relocation support on offer for the potential candidate)