Fund Accounting Manager
Fund Accounting Manager Who we're looking for
We are looking for an ambitious Fund Accounting Manager to join our Real Estate Fund Accounting Team, within the Real Estate division based in Luxembourg . About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. The team
Our award winning Real Estate department is an integral part of Schroders' Private Assets division. We manage a broad range of real estate funds globally, including open/closed ended direct funds, listed REITs, mutual funds investing in global real estate securities as well as private partnership and multi-manager funds. Schroder Real Estate also manages joint ventures and separate accounts meeting specific client investment objectives.
The Real Estate Fund Accounting team, consisting of 30 individuals across the UK and Luxembourg, is part of the Real Estate department and provides core accounting services, plus investment/ product support to the real estate fund range in UK & Europe. What you'll do
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Oversee the production of Statutory Reporting, Investor Reporting, Board Papers, NAV Calculations, Income Distribution Calculations and Income Tax and VAT Returns for the UK, Luxembourg and Jersey Real Estate Funds or Special Purpose Vehicles where required
- Ensure that appropriate records are maintained for entities and underlying assets on our Yardi system and contribute to the yardi strategy of the business
- Manage relationships with third party service providers, including oversight of provision of services to the wider department
- Provide transaction support for acquisitions with potential tasks including assisting with the structuring advice, set-up of investment structures in accordance with tax advice, creation of new entities and close liaision with investment team to ensure transaction closing is achieved as planned
- Provide operational support for the set up of new structures including working with our structuring team, internal counsel, external advisors and Fund Managers to ensure that operating frameworks are set up appropriately and service providers are appropriately selected and appointed
- Provide operational support as required to Product Managers and others as required in the wider team to ensure that business objectives are met
- Present information to the Boards /Operating Committees/Others charged with governance
- Provide supervision/ line management to more junior members of the team and contribute to the overall Management of the department, including supporting the Head of Operations with achieving strategic objectives
- Build, maintain and develop good working relationships between the team and its internal/external clients and suppliers
- Refine existing procedures/practices and processes including implementing changes to working practices and procedures so as to improve individual/team performance and efficiency and reduce operational risk.
- Provide oversight of cash management operations
- Complete other ad-hoc projects and tasks from time to time
- Potentially maintain directorships
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- Typical educational requirement: - Qualified Accountant ACCA/CIMA/ACA
- Be fully conversant with all major aspects of the Real Estate Fund Accounting industry, and in a position to mentor and guide more junior members of staff
What you'll be like
- Substantial experience of fund accounting and real estate or private equity structures. This is likely to have been partly gained while working for an established Fund Manager.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
- Able to take full responsibility for planning and managing your own workload typically against a background of changing priorities and /or external events
- Have strong technical accounting skills and be driven to keep abreast with current requirements
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work and develop people at different levels
- A strong leader and able to provide hands on management
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.