Fund Accounting Vice President
- Competitive base with excellent benefits
- Luxembourg Luxembourg Luxembourg LU
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 25 avr. 18 2018-04-25
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Business Unit Overview: BlackRock EMEA GAAPS (Global Accounting and Product Services) has responsibility for all NAV accounting matters across EMEA for pooled fund products. This involves responsibility for accurate and timely production of asset valuations produced in house or by third party administrators. The team supports the relevant Fund Boards; assists in regulatory / legal / taxation matters and supports the property investment teams through technical knowledge in relation to accounting issues
Role & Responsibility:
BlackRock EMEA Fund Administration Vice President based in Luxembourg requires an in-depth knowledge of the Luxembourg mutual fund industry, extensive knowledge in, but not limited to, UCITS / non UCITS funds and has fund accounting management experience. The function has responsibility for all fund accounting matters across EMEA for a variety of products, including the ability to successfully lead and execute change management. The role involves responsibility for effectively managing third party vendors to provide a high standard of service, ensure accurate and timely production of asset valuations, including shareholder taxation and leading exception management. The Team, amongst other things; has significant involvement in assisting various BlackRock departments in the launch of new products, closure, in-species and mergers of existing funds; as well as proactively lead and drive market and regulatory change. The Team additionally supports relevant Fund Boards, assists Legal and Compliance in relevant regulatory and legal matters specific to the funds, participate in client due diligences and supports Portfolio Management, Sales and Marketing teams through technical knowledge of funds in relation to both jurisdictional requirements and accounting expertise.
This department is now looking to hire a Vice President to bring further experience and expertise to Luxembourg team. Over $190bn of assets in Luxembourg domiciled funds are overseen by the team in Luxembourg with over $1.1 trillion being overseen throughout EMEA in total. This therefore means significant relationships with a number of major third party administrators, internal stakeholders and industry networks.
Fund Accounting Vice President Luxembourg
This diverse and challenging role has responsibility for ownership of the fund administration oversight of various BlackRock Luxembourg domiciled business, ability to contribute to the long term success of the business, generate cost savings, work well within a small team and across the business, partner with leadership and stakeholders across the firm, consider strategic opportunities and execute. Primary functions include the management of service provider relationships, fund accounting related product and industry, regulatory and product change. The role requires the individual to work independently and within a team, possess good communication skills, as well as to provide additional support across all EMEA and APAC domiciled products when required, and to interact with Management Company and Fund Boards.
The BlackRock fund ranges overseen in Luxembourg are diverse and encompass a wide range of active strategies, within multiple legal structures distributed in over 30 countries..
The role demands an ambitious self-starter who can demonstrate high levels of initiative with a drive to succeed both as an individual and as a strong team player. The successful individual should demonstrate a commitment to technical excellence, flexibility and the ability to manage multiple activities and deadlines. As a good communicator, they will use their strong influencing skills to develop robust collaborative working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
The role would suit an experienced individual with degree level qualifications - accountant (ACA or ACCA) qualifications are an advantage - with significant experience in fund accounting. Full knowledge and understanding of Luxembourg domiciled product is a requirement. Asset Manager experience would be advantageous, but not essential.
- Provide an authoritative source of business, industry and technical accounting expertise on functional and process requirements; manage change and the strategic agenda for key initiatives that impact across process and people.
- Build strong relationships with contributing business areas within BlackRock to actively engage and lead fund launch and product change. Especially maintain a strong working relationship with Strategic Product Development and Retail/Institutional Client Groups.
- Leading and driving Change Management process; end to end process, independently coordinating and involving both internal and external clients where required.
- Rigorous in identifying, evaluating and addressing risk management; take prompt actions to close
- Ability to effectively Project Manage complex initiatives using appropriate tools and methodology in a consultancy type capacity.
- Ability to identify and lead Exception Management duties to take prompt actions, decisions and bring to safe and appropriate business outcome.
- Represent BlackRock in the Luxembourg marketplace, industry and, participate relevant industry working groups.
- Ability to communicate with senior internal and external parties and to consult with them on complex projects, providing sound advice and guidance.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant BlackRock policies and with regulatory requirements across all Products.
- Key BlackRock contact point for escalation supporting outsourced fund administration vendor relationships.
- Ensure team approach is consistent with global best practice for controls, oversight and management of vendors and production of fund asset valuations and where appropriate provides input and creates initiatives to enhance such processes.
- Supporting the Financial Statement team with product knowledge and as fund accounting expert in managing local audits.
- Maintain and support relationships with all EMEA and Global Fund Accounting oversight offices ensuring consistency of process and the most optimal control and administrative duties (such as daily NAV review, tolerances checks, invoicing, etc.) to achieve complete and robust oversight of vendors are in place.
- Ability to communicate effectively as the operations representative at board meetings, sub-committees and industry groups; contribute to reports clearly articulating operational developments, issues and actions.
- Contribute to ensuring, with the Director,good shareholder taxation relationships in conjunction with Product Tax.
- Preferably degree level with relevant recognised qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CFA), or equivalent years-served industry experience
- 8+ years post-qualification experience in the Mutual fund industry with fund accounting management focus and exposure to retail, institutional, hedge and cash products.
- Expertise in fund valuation and associat
ed reporting and administrative requirements including specific knowledge of Luxembourg and Offshore product including (but not limited to) swing pricing, dilution, performance fees, shareholder taxation, hedged share classes.
- Proven significant experience in enhancing and managing operational processes; innovative ideas and open to change.
- Thorough understanding of the fund valuation and associated transaction lifecycle and key control frameworks.
- Strong understanding of investment processes and controls across all product structures.
- Strong prioritization skills and ability to manage differing requirements from multiple ‘clients’.
- Sound ability and track record in determining and implementing change management to process and product.
- Develop practical and pragmatic solutions through a ‘hands on’ approach.
- Ability to justify and defend proposed approaches; be resourceful and have the ability to influence.
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Can work effectively within a small team and also across the department as a whole, as well as the wider business.
- Needs initiative, drive and enthusiasm; passion for performance
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication capabilities - ability to interact and clearly communicate / articulate with all levels, including independent fund Directors, industry groups, business heads and senior management.
- Travel: Required on occasion (Ireland, UK)
- Direct Reports: up to 2
- Licenses: No
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.