For our office in Luxembourg, we are currently looking for a Fund Services Junior Accountant. We offer a young, dynamic, and international corporate atmosphere as well as the benefit of customized training adapted to your needs throughout your career.
You will be responsible for a portfolio of clients and will work as part of a team to achieve and meet their needs. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Taking care of the day-to-day operations of the funds and following up with third parties, including investors and clients;
- Keeping the funds books and preparing the periodic funds valuations (Net Asset Value), year-end financial statements, CSSF/BCL reporting, and any other funds related reports;
- Assisting in the coordination of year-end audits;
- Assisting in the organisation of board meetings and shareholders’ meetings;
- Preparing periodic tax and VAT returns and maintaining relevant contact with the Luxembourg tax authorities and tax advisers;
- Acting as a contact person between shareholders, investment managers, and custodian banks for resolution of any issues that may arise.
- You have a bachelor degree in Accounting, Audit or Economics;
- You have 0-2 years of relevant experience in the fields of alternative investment fund administration, audit firms or domiciliation;
- You have knowledge of fund industry, valuation, accounting;
- A basic knowledge in accounting for investment products, ideally with fund-of-funds, single-manager funds, and private equity funds will be considered an asset;
- You have necessary understanding of securities commonly encountered in the fund industry, including equities, bonds, contract for difference, options, and futures, and the ability to account for these securities;
- You are fluent in English (knowledge of French and/or German will be considered as an asset);
- You possess team spirit, a capacity to build strong client relationships and take initiative to act without waiting for direction (when appropriate).