In this role as Fund Tax Calculation Expert, you will report to the Associate Director, Fund Tax Calculation, whose mission is to manage and ensure the operational European fund tax calculation and reporting processes for investment funds.
You will join a dynamic, international team that is considered as centre of expertise for fund tax calculation and reporting services for all company subsidiaries. The fast changing regulatory framework provides the opportunity to work in an area of continuous learning and provides best conditions for a growth mindset.
What will you do?
- Calculation, control and reporting of daily and event-related European fund tax figures for the different European jurisdictions (in particular Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, Italy, Austria, UK) and assurance of timely delivery to our clients, tax audit companies or tax authorities.
- Review of tax calculations, application forms and declarations ensuring application of 4-eyes-principle.
- Training and coaching of less experienced team members
- Involvement in oversight processes for VAT
- Support on regulatory watch, analysis of relevant regulatory changes and on the implementation of such changes.
- Direct interaction with clients and tax auditors and defend the company's interpretation of the tax regulation by being able to analyze, understand and interpret tax regulations and circulars
- Interaction with other departments or external parties involved in the complete value chain.
- Preparation, review and update of required documentations (procedures, user guides, compliance related documentations, etc).
What do you need to succeed?
- At least 4-5 years experience in Fund Administration with experience in the tax area
- Well organized with capability to respect deadlines
- Independent and proactive working style with ambition for continuous learning considering the fast changing regulatory framework
- Very good MS Office knowledge (in particular very good Excel knowledge)
- Fluent in English with good communication and presentation skills (written and oral)
- Experience in European Fund Tax calculation and reporting
- Experience in VAT reporting
- Fluent in German with good communication and presentation skills (written and oral) considered as a strong additional asset, considering that most tax jurisdictions are German markets
- French considered as an additional asset