We are Alter Domus. Meaning "The Other House" in Latin, Alter Domus is proud to be home to 85% of the top 30 asset managers in the alternatives industry, and more than 5,000 professionals across 23 countries.
With a deep understanding of what it takes to succeed in alternatives, we believe in being different. Invest yourself in the alternative, and join an organization where you progress on merit, where you can speak openly with whoever you are speaking to, and where you will be supported along whichever path you choose to take.
Find out more about life at Alter Domus at careers.alterdomus.com JOB DESCRIPTION:
You will be responsible for a portfolio of clients and will work as part of a team to achieve and meet their needs. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Taking care of the day-to-day operations of the funds and following up with third parties, including investors and clients;
- Keeping the funds books and preparing the periodic funds valuations (Net Asset Value), year-end financial statements, CSSF/BCL reporting, and any other funds related reports;
- Assisting in the coordination of year-end audits;
- Assisting in the organisation of board meetings and shareholders' meetings;
- Preparing periodic tax and VAT returns and maintaining relevant contact with the Luxembourg tax authorities and tax advisers;
- Acting as a contact person between shareholders, investment managers, and custodian banks for resolution of any issues that may arise.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- You hold a Bachelor and/or Master's degree in Accounting, Audit or Economics;
- You have 0-2 years of relevant experience in the fields of alternative investment fund administration, audit firms or domiciliation;
- You have knowledge of fund industry, valuation, accounting;
- A basic knowledge in accounting for investment products, ideally with fund-of-funds, single-manager funds, and private equity funds will be considered an asset;
- You have necessary understanding of securities commonly encountered in the fund industry, including equities, bonds, contract for difference, options, and futures, and the ability to account for these securities;
- You are fluent in German and English (knowledge of French will be considered as an asset);
- You possess team spirit, a capacity to build strong client relationships and take initiative to act without waiting for direction (when appropriate).
We are committed to supporting your development, advancing your career, and providing benefits that matter to you.
Our industry-leading Alter Domus Academy offers six learning zones for every stage of your career, with resources tailored to your ambitions and resources from LinkedIn Learning.
Our global benefits also include:
Equity in every sense of the word
- Support for professional accreditations such as ACCA and study leave
- Flexible arrangements, generous holidays, birthday leave and graduation leave
- Continuous mentoring along your career progression
- Active sports, events and social committees across our offices
- Support with mental, physical, emotional and financial support 24/7 from our Employee Assistance Program
- The opportunity to invest in our growth and success through our Employee Share Plan
- Plus additional local benefits depending on your location
We are in the business of equity, in every sense of the word. For us, this means taking action to ensure every colleague has equal opportunity, valuing every voice and experience across our organisation, maintaining an inclusive culture where you can bring your whole self to work, and making Alter Domus a workplace where everyone feels they belong.
We celebrate our differences, and understand that our success relies on diverse perspectives and experiences, working towards shared goals and a common purpose. Thanks to the work of our Group DE&I Committee and network of DE&I Champions, we empower all of our people to be truly invested in the alternative.
We are committed to ensuring an inclusive recruiting and onboarding process. Please contact our hiring team if you require any accommodations to make our recruitment process more accessible for you.