We are Alter Domus. Our name means "The Other House" and we're a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you're speaking to. And it's your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 3,600 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
For our office in Luxembourg, we are currently looking for an experienced fund accountant or auditor to join one of our growing Fund Services teams. JOB DESCRIPTION:
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- You will have the full responsibility of a client account and as thus will act as the main liaison and point of contact for all matters relating to the account;
- You will be an important link between management and junior staff, responsible for and knowledgeable about the quality of the work that is carried out for the account;
- You will review work produced for submission to senior level staff;
- While employed as a Senior Officer you will have the opportunity to attend training to enhance your current skills and learn new ones as well.
- Taking part in the setup of alternative investment funds and liaising with independent tax specialists, lawyers, and notaries as a part of setting up funds;
- Taking care of the day-to-day operations of the funds and following up with third parties, including investors and fund managers;
- Handling the fund's accounts and collaborating in the preparation of periodic reports and regulatory reports for the fund's entities;
- Preparing the funds' periodic Net Asset Value calculation and year-end financial statements, coordinating the audits, and reviewing other fund related reports;
- Coordinate Investor servicing, including investor onboarding, capital calls, distributions as well as issuance of shareholder statements;
- Organising and participating in board meetings and shareholders' meetings;
- Reviewing tax returns and tax balances and maintaining relevant contacts with the tax authorities
- Ideally, you hold a university degree, preferably in Accounting & Finance or Economics or ACCA qualification;
- You have 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in the fields of alternative investment fund administration, audit firms or domiciliation;
- You are fluent in English (Knowledge of French or German will be considered as an asset);
- You possess team spirit, the capacity to build strong client relationships, and take initiative to act without waiting for direction when appropriate.