Global Fund Controller
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
Wellington Management Funds ("WMF") Fund Control & Operations is responsible for all aspects of the operations for the WMF Global fund ranges, and works alongside the Product Development, Legal, Compliance and Governance teams to support all aspects of the fund business.
We are currently seeking to recruit a high caliber, highly motivated individual to play an important role in our Fund Control department. The successful candidate will be part of a team, located between Luxembourg and London but will engage with Wellington operational teams globally. Principal responsibilities will include:
- Fund performance monitoring across all domiciles;
- Oversee fund distributions and performance fee calculations;
- Ownership and identification of process enhancement projects to assess the effectiveness and viability in improving the Fund Control function;
- Enhance the framework for NAV oversight, and provide management reporting on a periodic basis to allow management to access the integrity of the NAV production process;
- Build strong working relationships with Administrators and Depositaries;
- Oversee fund events such as fund launches/closures/AIKs
- Develop a framework for oversight of Custodians, and provide management reporting on a periodic basis;
- Work with other functional teams, such as Product Development, Legal, Tax, Risk and Governance on:
- Involvement in conceptualizing new fund products;
- Research new product requirements, both internally with other functional teams, and also externally with service providers;
- Engage the client transition management process for new and existing clients, in relation to asset-in-kind transfers;
- Attend cross functional meetings and provide operational expertise and recommendations.
- Provide operational risk assessments of current processes, identify issues that arise/could arise on the funds, and work with stakeholders to resolve these on a proactive basis;
The successful candidate is likely to:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Hold an undergraduate degree;
- Experience working in the funds industry. Ideally this will include a background in UCITS and regulated alternative funds domiciled in Europe;
- Experience in Fund Accounting
- Be technically proficient in relation to Microsoft software , Excel, VBA and/or Access;
- Be able to synthesize information quickly;
- Be able to identify, research and resolve unfamiliar issues
- Have strong analytical skills, and attention to detail;
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Have a team-oriented, collaborative attitude, self-starter.
- Fluency in English is required.
Global Fund Controller LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .