Global Fund Controller – AML
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
Wellington Management Funds ("WMF") Fund Control & Operations is responsible for all aspects of the operations for the WMF Global fund ranges, and works alongside the Product Development, Legal, Compliance and Governance teams to support all aspects of the fund business.
We are currently seeking to recruit a high caliber, highly motivated individual to play an important role in our Transfer Agent Oversight team. The successful candidate will be part of a team, located between Luxembourg and London but will engage with Wellington operational teams globally. Principal responsibilities will include:
- Build strong working relationships with the Transfer Agency Registration, Dealing and Client Relationship Management team;
- Management of AML programme from an operational perspective - onboarding new clients, AML remediation, regulatory change;
- Develop a framework for oversight of the Transfer Agency AML programme;
- Ownership and identification of process enhancement projects to assess the effectiveness and viability in improving the Transfer Agency AML function;
- Conduct periodic due diligence on the Transfer Agent and report on findings as required;
- Provide management information on a periodic basis;
- Work with other functional teams, such as Compliance, Legal, Risk and Governance on any AML related projects;
- Attend cross functional meetings and provide operational expertise and recommendations;
- Maintenance of SLAs with the Transfer Agent
- Maintenance of SLAs with internal groups
- Maintenance of internal procedures and policies
- Provide operational risk assessments of current processes, identify issues that arise/could arise on the funds, and work with stakeholders to resolve these on a proactive basis;
The successful candidate is likely to:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Hold an undergraduate degree;
- Experience working in the funds industry. Ideally this will include a background in UCITS and regulated alternative funds domiciled in Europe;
- Experience in AML
- Be technically proficient in relation to Microsoft software particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Be able to synthesize information quickly;
- Be able to identify, research and resolve unfamiliar issues
- Have strong analytical skills, and attention to detail;
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Have a team-oriented, collaborative attitude, self-starter.
- Fluency in English is required.
Global Fund Controller - AML LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .