HR Operations Specialist - Fixed Term Contract
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description PURPOSE :
This exciting , newly created role works independently to develop HR policy, process and infrastructure for European offices whilst partnering with the Senior Manager - Global HR on regional HR projects and local priorities . This will be a 12 month Fixed Term Contract. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates, maintains, and interprets international local HR employee policies, policies and HR procedures for European offices. Ensures compliance with local regulatory requirements. Monitors local legislative requirements in relation to employment.
- Develop roadmap for implementation of works council or employee representative groups in European offices. Implement as required, partnering with external council and internal stakeholders to ensure compliance with local requirements.
- Creates, reviews and enhances onboarding procedures for European offices, including local pre screening requirements and other statutory requirements, including medical screens, tax filings etc.
- Review and maintain European employment contracts, and lead periodic review of templates in partnership with Legal. Advises TA on local regulatory requirements that impact hiring.
- Provides expert guidance on a diverse range of HR matters including policies, flexible working arrangements, records retention, and other employment requirements. Understands risk, presents recommendations for HR leadership team, and leads implementation.
- Provides insight to HR leadership team on implementation of strategic HR priorities, and highlight specific regional requirements and nuances.
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Consults with internal stakeholders, including Legal and Compliance teams on complex regulatory projects, and implements new processes or policies in order to maintain and monitor compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Five to seven years of generalist experience in International Human Resources providing service to employees and managers in various capacities which span across several HR disciplines.
- European languages skills (Italian and/or German preferred)
- Effective negotiation and consultative skills crossing borders and cultures at the upper and middle management levels.
- Ability to translate strategies and plans into actions (strategic and tactical competencies) ability to assess and analyze global business issues to determine appropriate solutions. Ability to influence across all levels in the company and work with employees across all levels.
- Operational experience in Human Resources providing service to employees and managers in various capacities. Ability to work with employees at all organizational levels.
- Ability to work independently and remotely at the same time keeping management in HQ informed. Ability to handle information in a manner which protects confidentiality.
- Independent problem solver who presents solutions and takes initiative.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills. Strong ability to multi-task and attention to detail.
- Willingness to work across international time zones (outside of the normal workday).
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."