The Pictet Group
is one of the world's leading independent wealth and asset managers. Founded in 1805 and headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, the Group is represented in 30 offices in financial centres worldwide, currently employing over 5200 people. Pictet has been present in Luxembourg since 1989 where it employs over 700 people. Pictet Asset Services
provides custody, fund services and trading solutions for external asset managers, fund managers and institutional clients. We manage every aspect of the asset servicing value chain and our range of bespoke solutions include value-adding analytics, trading strategy support and digital front-end interfaces designed to provide an unrivalled customer experience.
To contribute to the improvement of services offered to a demanding group of clients in a fast-paced and highly professional environment with an international flavour. Your role
Your profile Qualifications and experience:
- Managing a team that serves as the main point of contact between the Bank's operational centres of expertise and third-party managers (monitoring the activity of group members, handling and resolving escalated issues, setting and monitoring objectives, assessing performance, drawing up training plans).
- Involvement in the roll-out and monitoring of projects at Pictet Group or business-line level that have an impact on the business.
- Informing Client Relationship Officers and line management of any changes (operational, organisational or regulatory).
- Helping to present the Pictet Asset Services (PAS) service model to prospects and new clients.
- Assessing non-standardised client requests compared with PAS's usual service offering.
- Assisting with the operational implementation of new relationships with third-party managers or investment funds.
- Day-to-day monitoring of relations with third-party managers and investment funds on an operational and technical level (help desk and research services; credit activities, including private equity and derivatives limits; validating access to Pictet Connect, our online banking solution).
- Degree in Banking and/or Finance.
- More than 10 years' experience in the banking sector (back office/middle office/front office).
- Experience of managing a team.
- Very good knowledge of the asset servicing business and operational flows.
- Highly skilled user of MS Office applications.
- In-depth knowledge of financial instruments.
- Excellent command of French and English (spoken and written); very good knowledge of German would be a definite asset.
- Very good interpersonal skills.
- Effective and empathetic communication skills, as well as the ability to listen and show respect.
- Highly organised and able to manage priorities.
We will not accept any CVs from agencies.
In accordance with the provisions of the Luxembourg law of 23 July 2016 amending the law of 29 March 2013, candidates may be required to provide an extract from their criminal record. This document, issued by the authorities, must not be older than three months. Such a document will be requested with the aim of carrying out a character check on candidates, bearing in mind the area of activity of our establishment and, more particularly, the tasks described in the job description.
Flexible and modern ways of working
As a responsible and supportive employer, we promote the well-being of our employees through a set of flexible working arrangements, ranging from a work-from-home policy for eligible functions to opportunities for annualised part-time leave and extended parental leave. Diversity & Inclusion Pictet is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment. We respect all individuals and seek their inclusion in the workplace.