IFDS, Transfer Agent - Registration, Officer
Who are we looking for
Registration Team performs account set up and static data maintenance on the register of shareholders in line with Luxembourg regulatory requirements.
A Registration Senior Associate will be responsible for the distribution of work within the team and will have direct contact with client and investors. He/she will also from time to time verify shareholders new accounts AML/KYC assessment and certain static data maintenance on the register in line with Luxembourg AML/KYC regulatory requirements Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Financial Data Services (IFDS). IFDS is a world-leading provider of outsourcing and technology solutions to the financial services industry. With its global headquarters in Toronto, IFDS services over 240 financial organizations around the world, providing solutions to a wide range of global asset managers, wealth managers, banks, and insurance companies. IFDS is present in North America, EMEA and APAC.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for As a Transfer Agent registration you will be responsible for
What we value
- Verify from time to time shareholders new accounts AML/KYC assessment and certain static data maintenance on the register in line with Luxembourg AML/KYC regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability to provide leadership and direction in a group environment.
- Demonstrate logical, analytical, critical and process thinking to identify, analyse and evaluate complex problems / issues.
- Maintains open communication channels.
- Initiate problem recovery, correction strategies, procedural and process enhancements; takes concrete steps to prevent and to reduce error reoccurrences in the future. Strongly adhere to existing procedures and controls in place and pro-actively react when foreseeing issues; ensure that procedural/ system changes are updated into the team procedures.
- Display good organizational skills in order to meet SLA deadlines and keeps well documented records.
- Ensures that checklists, job aids and working procedures are up to date and followed.
- Play a supportive role to the Investor Services Managers.
- Act as a Registration SME when participating to ad-hoc projects
- Acting as a mentor to junior staff and provide coaching under the supervision of the Manager
- Excellent administrative, organizational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Maintains open communication channels with clients, peers and the Management.
- Strongly adhere to existing procedures and controls in place and pro-actively react when foreseeing issues.
- Be prepared to achieve and strive to exceed minimum standards in line with KPIs, SLAs & Key Result Areas, both in terms of quality, productivity and accuracy of information given to the customer.
- Specific knowledge about shareholder administration and/or AML / KYC would represent a strong asset for this position
- Excellent knowledge of the company and interdependencies between Client Services and other business functions
- Function at all times as a team player to build a positive atmosphere of co-operation within the department and where all team members are engaged.
- Self-motivated, organized and flexible to new ideas
- Strong issue resolution skills with a focus on risk controls and add value to the end client experience.
- Initiate sharing of ideas, processes, client requirements and knowledge through effective proactive assistance to team members, maintain also adequate documentation for reference.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Experience & Preferred Qualification
- The role will have gained relevant work experience in the chosen discipline. In some disciplines the role will be part of a graduate scheme and would therefore require a relevant degree or professional qualification. The role will be acting under guided supervision.
- Minimum 5 year of experience in managing/supervising a team
- Minimum 4 years' experience in banking operation (or financial services industry) preferably in Registration or risk and compliance function
- A thorough and methodical approach to problem solving
- Demonstrable experience of working accurately and with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and a sound understanding of the fund administration process
- Advanced computing skills (MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook...)
- Strong client focus
- Fluent in English with strong language skills as clear preference
About State Street What we do.
- Manages risk within their individual role by following set procedures and understands that the impact of such risk may include financial and reputational damage to team.
- Demonstrates integrity in making decisions within the framework of their role.
- This role will lead by example as a more experienced member of the team, role modelling behaviour and effective task management to newer and less experienced members of the team. This may include work shadowing and informal coaching in relation to specific tasks within the role.
- Demonstrates commitment to IFDS Group Values.
- Demonstrates commitment to the ACE scheme where relevant.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers