Find your purpose at KPMG Luxembourg
We see a world of opportunity. From uncovering ways to digitalize, to enabling new sectors to take off, to building sustainability and resilience into economies, we know insights reveal new opportunities for all.
We are diverse and dedicated problem solvers, part of the worldwide network of high-quality audit, tax and advisory services.
We offer excellent career prospects that balance autonomy, flexibility and responsibility. Our comprehensive benefits inspire our people do and feel their best.
Right now, we have more than 1800 employees from over 70 nationalities. Join our growing group of young and youthful innovators to uncover a world of opportunity together. We are seeking an IFRS Assistant Manager in Risk Advisory
Risk Consulting delivers a wide range of risk, valuation, regulatory, accounting and finance related services to our clients. A career as an IFRS Advisory Senior in our team provides you with hands-on opportunities to support our clients in risk, accounting and finance related projects that may range from implementing new requirements, improving efficiency and/or effectiveness or specific technical issues.
Your role will include, but not limited to, leading such projects related to financial and managerial accounting topics. You will become part of a consulting team that strives to make our clients better. Our engagements are a mix of short and long duration, client-site and office-based work mainly in Luxembourg. What you will be working on
What we look for
- Leading local GAAP to IFRS conversion projects
- Working on implementation of new IFRS standards
- Analyzing accounting treatment of complex transactions
- Working closely with leading organizations in Luxembourg to improve their accounting and finance related processes
- Playing a key role in delivering excellent client experience
- Developing and delivering trainings on various IFRS and other technical topics
- Supervising and mentoring more junior advisors
- Collaborating with our IFRS technical department on internal initiatives
- Drafting technical analysis papers
- Investing time and staying up to date with recent developments of and amendments to accounting and other standards by attending global network calls/trainings/updates and following up on newly issued materials.
What you will get
- Has a client centric attitude
- Solutions driven and motivated to work on complex cases
- Can, and is willing to, cope with complex technical questions
- Is challenging the status quo and strives for continuous improvement
- Has demonstrated flexibility and good team and communication skills throughout his/her career
- Brings strong IFRS and accounting/finance knowledge and is highly motivated to improve them further
- Shows excellent coaching, organizational and presentation skills
- Has 3 to 5 years of relevant working experience
- Is fluent in English (French and/or German are a plus).
- Holds a professional qualification (preferably ACCA or CPA) or is in the process of obtaining such qualification
KPMG is where you will find the right opportunities to advance your career and the widest available range of possibilities so you can grow professionally. Make a real impact, join a diverse team of leading experts, work with global clients, and discover technological solutions.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize KPMG to transmit and store your information in the KPMG recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
KPMG is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. Our recruiting decisions are based on your experience and skills.