- depending on the profile
- Intérim, Plein-temps
- Taleo Consulting
IT Manager – Application Production
- 19 juil. 19
Reporting to the Global Head of Technology Application Production and the Head of Technology Continental Europe, the individual selected will along with a team of Support Analysts / Lead Support Analyst, be responsible for the following functions:
- Lead and manage production support teams that are responsible for maintaining availability and providing support for a broad range of business applications.
- Oversee team daily operations, restoration of any disruptions in service, ensure maintenance is safely executed in production and insure that support teams are prepared to effectively support new business functionality.
- Develop front to back monitoring, including functional health checks and drive a culture shift to proactive versus reactive monitoring
- Manage and maintain all disaster recovery plans and provide oversight for appropriate testing.
- Provide technical support for Mainframe production cycles jobs and troubleshoots issues.
- Drive continuous improvement efforts, seeking and obtaining buy-in from IT leadership.
- Maintain procedures and supporting documentation for communications to internal technology and business teams during major events and outages.
- Act as point of escalation for all application service interruptions; lead all crisis and incident management processes.
- Drive root cause on all incidents, avoiding repeat occurrences by partnering with application development to resolve gaps
- Maintain high availability databases in support of 24*7 services
- Install, monitor, maintain and performance tune all Production, Test & Development databases
- Establish and monitor backup schedules
- Coordinate and / or execute platform upgrades and improvements
- Monitor production capacity and storage for the application and take corrective action when capacity thresholds are passed.
Release control activities
- Manage schedule for regular Production releases (both feature and support releases) and provide scheduled/on-demand updates to a broad audience of stakeholders
- Coordinate with in-house and offshore teams on deployments, issue resolutions, code promotions, etc.
- Examine challenges faced during release process in order to improve process/technology
- Track to release schedules, milestones and deliverables, including communicating as necessary to status reports to, and risk mitigation with, IT leaders. Effective enterprise-wide communication to business and management stakeholders, software development, testing, analysts, architects and infrastructure/operations teams.
- Develop strong relationships with all key stakeholders and partners to drive efficiency
- Periodic updates to Management and business stakeholder to explain the health (reliability, availability) of the application, major accomplishments, issues and concerns.
- Work with Agile teams as part of new developments, projects and upgrades
On-board new applications:
- Manage production readiness/permit to operate process, ensuring all changes are properly approved, tested and include relevant monitoring and support documentation
- Input into the design and development of system architecture and work with the end-users of the system to ensure ‘supportability’ is a fundamental building block in the design process.
- Set and maintain alerts within application monitoring software to ensure performance anomalies are reported immediately
- Facilitate the hand-off of new release functionality from the development team to the Production Support team
- Responsible for staff development to ensure subject matter expertise is retained while new skills required
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Conduct talent management activities including mentoring, training, or providing technical growth opportunities.
Experience and Skills:
- Experience working and responsible for ensuring high availability / high-demand environments
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently troubleshoot in time critical scenarios
- Excellent written and spoken English. Other languages would be advantageous;
- Strong people management and coaching skills. Proven ability to build, develop and manage high performing, customer-focused teams
- Excellent critical thinking skills to be able to assess and resolve issues, understand complex designs and bridge communications between technology and business.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with technical and business partners. Able to partner with stakeholders to establish business roadmaps, analyse potential new services, prioritise projects, and support production operations.
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes.
- Experience of managing third-party vendors
- Experience of Mutual Fund Industry would be advantageous.