International Financial Data Services - Transfer Agent, Dealing Services, (German Speaker), Associate
Who we are looking for
We are seeking a motivated Transfer Agent to join our expanding Dealing Services team. This is an excellent opportunity for a driven and motivated professional to develop their financial career within a leading organization. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Financial Data Services (IFDS). IFDS is a world-leading provider of outsourcing and technology solutions to the financial services industry. With its global headquarters in Toronto, IFDS services over 240 financial organizations around the world, providing solutions to a wide range of global asset managers, wealth managers, banks, and insurance companies. IFDS is present in North America, EMEA and APAC.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Dealing Services you will
What we value
- Under the Supervision of the Officer, the Dealing Manager is responsible for the management and supervision of the staff assigned to the group with respect to all aspects including the efficiency, accuracy, timeliness and training of the assigned staff.
- Responsible for staff development, operations management, internal and external relationships.
- Responsible for delivering quality service and for maintaining excellent work and service level standards.
- Assume responsibility for the efficient day to day running of the group acting as a source of technical expertise for members of the group and other groups within the department.
- Function at all times as a team player and ensure other members of the team do so too.
- Able to reallocate resources efficiently where needed the most and with the highest outcome for the organization.
- Deliver quality service to the assigned clients and all actions must be considered as part of this overall goal Manage client relationships particularly from the perspective of the service issues and queries which are raised.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze a problem and obtain and evaluate information to reach sound conclusions. Know when to elevate a problem and keeps management informed
- Suggest system enhancements and changes in existing workflows in order to increase the efficiency and improve the output of the Dealing group as well as other area within the company.
- Develop strategies to increase the group's efficiency; controls expenses; minimizes risk of loss.
- Provide scheduled and ad-hoc reporting to Management.
- Demonstrate technical expertise and assist in problem resolution.
- Implement and adhere to the IFDS Luxembourg Oversight Model for all operational activities outsourced by IFDS Luxembourg to delegates
- Provide support, oversight and follow up on outsourced services
- Attend and contribute to operational, risk and audit meetings as required, and actively contribute to TA-wide initiatives and focus groups
- Ensure adherence to existing procedures and controls. Keep procedural/system changes up to date and ensures incorporation into group procedures.
- Play a supporting role to the Officer/AVP.
- Participate in interviewing and hiring new staff.
- Prepare and conduct performance appraisal
- Schedule work coverage
- Prepare and review management reports - both internal and external
- Work closely with the other departments within the IFDS
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Language Skill: English & German
- Has extensive operation management experience (minimum 2 years)
- Ideally has a 4 years university degree in Business Administration or Finance, or equivalent
- Procedural, technical and product knowledge of the Transfer Agency business.
- Knowledge of legislation and regulations affecting the TA business, including anti-money laundering, UCITs IV and Regulatory Reporting requirements
- Excellent administrative, organizational and business support skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, particularly formal report writing.
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English (written and oral) and one other European language. Other European languages are considered advantageous
- Team oriented,
- Analytical mind-set, attention to detail
- Enthusiastic with a positive can do attitude.
- Self-starter, ability to work on own initiative
- Proficiency in English and any other European Language is preferred.
- Experience in a similar position is preferred.
- A thorough and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrable experience of working accurately and with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and a sound understanding of the fund administration process.
About State Street What we do.
- Team oriented.
- Advanced computer skills (Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook).
- Experience working with and managing large data sets.
- Analytical mind-set, attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic with a positive can do attitude.
- Self-starter, ability to work on own initiative.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers