Junior IT Service Manager (M/F)
Junior IT Service Manager (M/F) Who we're looking for
We are looking for a Service Manager's to ensure IT service excellence is delivered to our business. The Service Manager would be expected to be an advocate and involved in all aspects of the ITIL discipline with adoption of Agile methodology.
The successful candidate would be expected to demonstrate strong process adherence, a commitment to process optimisation and show an ability to deal with ambiguity in high pressure situations.
In the event of an outage, the Service Manager would coordinate the restoration of critical services as quickly as possible with minimal business disruption while maintaining open channels of communication.
As this role has responsibility for the restoration of global IT systems, some non-standard working hours should be expected on occasion.
Risk management and audit adherence will feature heavily in this role.
To be successful within the role, the individual will be required to manage and work in close collaboration with several third party vendors to achieve service excellence.
As part of the Global IT Service Management team, the IT Service Manager will be expected to support other members of the Global team (i.e., Service Integration, Change, Capacity and Problem Management) and be able to respond to user escalations; therefore, a flexible approach to working is most definitely required.
Focused on Schroders Service Management Tool ServiceNow, the candidate will be expected to assist with designing, delivering, managing and maintaining the toolset with consideration to the Service Design wrapper. The candidate should be user experience focused and find opportunities to delight customer experience.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society,
What you'll do
- Responsible for the delivery of Business as Usual (BAU) IT service to user base with a customer-centric support approach across multiple locations, focused on service availability and performance
- In partnership with global counterparts, own and maintain standardisation of several ITIL processes
- Respond to both IT service and user escalations in a timely manner; ensure a swift resolution / conclusion
- Adhere to industry standard IT risk management principles to identify and manage appropriate IT risks; ensure timely resolution or strong mitigation mechanism is employed
- Become an advocate for Continual Service Improvement (CSI) and evolve the service to enhance IT service excellence
- Involvement with the Service Integration processes to ensure seamless transition of products from Project into BAU IT Service, with consideration to service design
- Responsible for defining service level agreements (SLAs) and operational level agreements (OLAs) across all relevant business functions.
- Design and produce Management Information, including dashboards, KPI reports and service performance metrics, to illustrate service performance and support senior decision making.
- Involvement with Asset Management (Hardware and Software)
- Communicate written and verbal complex information and ideas to
- multidisciplinary stakeholders and able to explain technical concepts to nontechnical colleagues
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Strong knowledge of ITIL and Service Management methodologies
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Familiar with operating as a member of a virtual team in a matrix managed environment.
- Service integration experience including Service Design exposure (process designs)
- Have a demonstrable track record of working within an IT support environment working experience of performing an operational management role
- Have a demonstrable track record of working within an Investment / Asset Management firm or a suitable Financial Services environment
- Strong analytical skills, and able to make sense of complex and logical problems
- Effective problem solver with ability to examine and re-engineer processes,
- procedures and practices
- Ability to work under pressure and demonstrate resilience to ensure the correct solution is selected with a full understanding of the costs, timescales and risk involved
- Strong ownership skills to deliver process ownership, obtaining agreement of and effectively communicating policies across the functional area
- High level of IT competence with aptitude for learning new technologies and
processes with a focus on Service Desk and ITIL technologies and processes
- Experience of ServiceNow toolset
- Technical experience of one or more operational monitoring toolsets, preferably gained via implementation
- Experience in designing and/or defining infrastructure 'services' in a financial services company.
- Agile methodology / Scrum working experience
- Exposure to a broad range of infrastructure and application technologies in particular Wintel, SQL Server, Networking and Storage technologies
What you'll be like
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
- Inter-personal skills; tact, patience, courtesy, good listening skills
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills with a pro-active approach to tasks
- Ability to operate under pressure, in a logical manner enabling consistent delivery to demanding deadlines
- Ability to deal credibly with business and technical users at all levels of the organisation
- Strong communication skills and a consultative approach coupled with a "can-do" attitude
- Team player with experience working in a matrix managed environment.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.