- Luxembourg Luxembourg Luxembourg LU
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 22 juin 18 2018-06-22
KBL European Private Bankers, Luxembourg
The role of the Legal department is to assist and advise the Bank in all it's activities.
As such, the Legal department ensures that the Bank's commercial projects are carried out with a little possible risks, that the regulatory projects are implemented in compliance with the regulations and that it's legal documentation complies with the legislation.
The Legal department also defends the interests of the Bank, each time the liability of the Bank is questioned by a client or a counterparty.
Job Responsibilities :
To provide the various business departments of the bank with legal support and advice as required which will, amongst other, include the following areas of involvement:
Primary and Key Responsibilities:
- Drafting and review of advices, opinions, contracts with respect to the activities of the bank,
- Involvement in transactions and projects at KBL Group level,
- Assisting and handling other legal matters e.g. M and A, corporate restructuring, IT and
outsourcing contracts, HR and employment, real estate, credits, company law, etc...
- Contribute to setting up, update and review of standard contracts and documents, newsletters, bank's know-how.
- Qualified Lawyer with 1 to 3 years experience in a law firm (banking and finance/regulatory department) and/or in-house legal department of a bank.
- Good knowledge of Luxembourg and European commercial and banking law.
- Experience in contractual mechanisms and documentation used in the banking sector.
- Good technical skills,
- Good communication and interpersonal skills,
- Detail-orientated but pragmatic,
- MS Office Suite,
- Ability to work within a team or independently,
- Good technical and drafting skills and experience with contractual mechanisms and documentation used in the banking sector; and interest, knowledge and willingness to work in different fields of the law (e.g. real estate, insurance, litigation, employment, IT etc.).
- Fluent in French and English,
- Good knowledge of German or Dutch would be a plus.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter, in French, to: email@example.com