Lead Specialist- Fund Composition Management
- Not Specified
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Schroder Investment Management (Luxembourg) S.A
- 06 déc. 17
Outline of the team’s responsibilities: Product Services is a function that manages the operational implementation of funds and supports the data, documentation and reporting needs throughout the lifecycle of a Fund. A strong Fund/ Data analyst with prior experience in the fund industry is required
Outline of the team’s responsibilities:
Product Services is a function that manages the operational implementation of funds and supports the data, documentation and reporting needs throughout the lifecycle of a Fund.
A strong Fund/ Data analyst with prior experience in the fund industry is required as part of a larger Fund Data function responsible for supporting Fund Reporting.
Main responsibilities of the team include the following and the successful applicant will be expected to be involved in some or all of the below.
• Collect, condition, store and make available all fund data to support the reporting set managed by the Department (Fund Asset Allocation, AIFMD, Solvency II reporting );
• Monitor and control Fund data both at the source and before delivery, ensuring timeliness, accuracy and completeness of the data maintained and delivered;
• Manage the communication with internal and external data providers (data vendors, banks, product managers);
• Perform analysis on new product launches, considering the impacts on the database and providing key facts relevant for the sign off to the manager;
• Support the Solvency II Reporting project, and organise the production in order to ensure the delivery of the necessary data elements with the proper frequency.
• Documentation of key events / information related to the activity of the team / Department including KPI, statistics, issues log and checklists.
• Maintain and review the control operating environment and ensure that controls are up to date and effective;
• Support other Schroders’ Offices (from any country where the Company has locations) in answering ad hoc data requests;
• Maintain and review operating procedures and manuals, ensuring they are up to date and reflective of the current operating practice.
Main individual duties:
• Manage a team of 3-4 members.
• Data collection, loading, calculation and control (mostly funds holdings, including derivatives; index constituents, instrument attributes), in an accurate and timely manner;
• Update the database following events / product changes (New funds, share class, corporate actions, benchmark changes etc);
• Perform Quality Control over the data prior to delivery;
• Interact with colleagues of the Department, Schroders offices, IT/development for system issues and with data providers for issues related to the data sourcing
• Provide support to the resolution of ad hoc data requests;
• Provide support to the Projects according to the plans and priorities assigned;
• Timely update of the procedures following changes in the operating environment.
Education & Training/Qualifications:
University degree, A Finance orientation would be beneficial;
5+ years work experience in a fund/investments related company would be beneficial
Excellent English and at least one additional European language an advantage.
Skills and core competencies:
Strong interpersonal and management skills
Meticulous and attention to details;
Analytical & control orientated;
Proactive and open-minded;
Ability to work to tight deadlines.
Strong knowledge and analysis skills of financial instruments – including derivatives, and general knowledge of the Fund industry
Knowledge of AIFMD and Solvency II reporting requirements is a distinct advantage
Computer skills: MS Excel is a must and experience with MS Access or other database software is an advantage;
Knowledge of the major financial information systems (Thomson Reuters, Morningstar, Bloomberg) would be advantageous;